hazards of chicken owning! it's just the beginning.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
heh, don't tempt me Bay! i may just come home with one! :lol: we have lots of farms that keep them around the edge of my city.

a few weeks ago my dh and i were both in the back yard just sitting and talking on one of the benches and a couple of my well behaved girls were allowed to roam the yard. as we were sitting there i saw Contessa strolling over to us. so i said 'hello Contessa', and just as i go to make my lap free expecting her to hop into mine, she jumps into my dh's! :gig funny sight to see him with a chicken in his lap and him petting her too! i've seen him touching them, but only when i have one in my hands, and then he reigns himself in like it didn't happen. he let this hen sit in his lap for a few minutes and just stroked her neck feathers like i would. then she jumped out when a bug flew by. what a little traitor that hen is! she'd better not tell my dh any secrets! :p

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
dewdropsinwv said:
LOL even Monty talks to the chickens!!!!!!!!
Yup, I talk to the chickens. And they just go about their merry way, ignoring me and clucking along. Let's see what else do I talk to that acts the same way...dog, wife, many daughters, granddaughter....:/

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
MontyJ said:
dewdropsinwv said:
LOL even Monty talks to the chickens!!!!!!!!
Yup, I talk to the chickens. And they just go about their merry way, ignoring me and clucking along. Let's see what else do I talk to that acts the same way...dog, wife, many daughters, granddaughter....:/
:gig :gig :lol: Pretty much!!!! LOL :plbb

Latest posts