He’s Retired

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i've never had any problem keeping busy or being bored. there's always something to do or read or putter around with.

does he have any hobbies or interests?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
He had been bugging me to let him retire for a couple years now. He was very unhappy with his traffic commute and management. I was the one that was afraid we couldn’t afford it yet.

He loves riding his bike long distance and wants to go to the gym more often and be fitter.

He has so many projects. My second daughter just bought a fixer upper and my other daughters house also needs some work. I want to paint my front rooms. The Cabin needs a new deck and other work. His garage needs cleaning up and that alone is hours. Our cars need some tinkering done. I want a new raised bed in the fall. Should I keep going on? Haha. I doubt if he will be bored.

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
He had been bugging me to let him retire for a couple years now. He was very unhappy with his traffic commute and management. I was the one that was afraid we couldn’t afford it yet.

He loves riding his bike long distance and wants to go to the gym more often and be fitter.

He has so many projects. My second daughter just bought a fixer upper and my other daughters house also needs some work. I want to paint my front rooms. The Cabin needs a new deck and other work. His garage needs cleaning up and that alone is hours. Our cars need some tinkering done. I want a new raised bed in the fall. Should I keep going on? Haha. I doubt if he will be bored.

Mary
At least he seems prepared for the *Honey Do * List and wants to get going on it. I do not see that happening here. Not sure what he plans to do. ANYTHING HE WANTS I guess :( I am also afraid of money issues as he is not 65 yet and insurance will be out of pocket. We tend to bicker about projects I think need doing and his response is always, I will do it, when I get to it! We bought a replacement garbage disposal 2 months ago. Still in box in front of sink. (He had a week off work during that time!) Water conditioner has not really worked in over a year. Needs to order a small part to fix it himself. When I remind him every 4 or 5 months I am a NAG. But I have spent so much on cleaners and other products to combat the hard water / rust issues I could have just bought a new one :( He is crabby and ill tempered with me, nothing I say comes out right. He is mad nearly constantly. Wish me luck.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
At least he seems prepared for the *Honey Do * List and wants to get going on it. I do not see that happening here. Not sure what he plans to do. ANYTHING HE WANTS I guess :( I am also afraid of money issues as he is not 65 yet and insurance will be out of pocket. We tend to bicker about projects I think need doing and his response is always, I will do it, when I get to it! We bought a replacement garbage disposal 2 months ago. Still in box in front of sink. (He had a week off work during that time!) Water conditioner has not really worked in over a year. Needs to order a small part to fix it himself. When I remind him every 4 or 5 months I am a NAG. But I have spent so much on cleaners and other products to combat the hard water / rust issues I could have just bought a new one :( He is crabby and ill tempered with me, nothing I say comes out right. He is mad nearly constantly. Wish me luck.

:(:hugs:hugs

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol, my husband is slow when he’s doing his projects cause he’s a perfectionist. I’m more of the “it looks better than before so it’s good enough let’s go to the next project.

I’m so glad he’s a handyman. He has saved us a lot of money on minor car repairs by looking at Utube.

Fortunately we don’t bicker but get along pretty well. So far I like having him home. :)

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today we hiked up the mountain to reach this waterfall. It’s not very full due to no rains.

Attachments

• 1C1F37FE-C17B-4CBA-9879-9E13615ED3F3.jpeg
    1C1F37FE-C17B-4CBA-9879-9E13615ED3F3.jpeg
    222.3 KB · Views: 277
  • 19D70EFB-6F08-4801-BCB0-D4B8B5763204.jpeg
    19D70EFB-6F08-4801-BCB0-D4B8B5763204.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 268

Latest posts