He’s Retired

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
He has always been very touchy about certain things. Has always got hurt feelings easily. Once mad or upset with someone he can't seem to let go. Still holds grudges from High School! :( He really is a nice guy and would give the shirt off his back to someone in need. Will help any one that needs it. He can be real generous and kids love him. The stress at work has him more edgy this last year. So I do hope things calm down after retirement. *sigh*

i hope so too. would it help to just talk to him to tell him that you understand he's stressed out and that you love him, etc. and then go try to do something completely fun and different than home chores. really, there's nothing wrong with taking some time for fun and getting out and away for a while... :) :hugs

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol: my hubs was an increasingly raging angry man. He told me and still does sometimes, that he's earned the right to be a grumpy old man. BS!!!!! I retort that I didn't marry a grumpy old man 28 years ago, and I certainly don't want one now. He and I went into his trusted Dr (a few years ago while on Obamacare for which we couldn't get any coverage) and paid outa pocket for this nice old Doc to put hubs on a tiny bit of antidepressant every day. WHAT a DIFFERENCE! That 15 mg of anti dep soothes his anger a bit and he's a much happier man for the most part.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It will be an adjustment. Stop waking on eggshells. You are a wonderful person and your feelings count too. Haha, sometimes I tell my husband to shut the HE!! up it is MY turn to be in a bad mood. I put up with his crap, now he has to put up with mine. LOL I rant and rave, then we end up laughing.

sounds pretty good to me!

sometimes people do need space too. living together 100% of the time is just not how some people do well. i like some alone time. i get a lot of it later at night or when Mom goes and visits her friends to play cards or when she goes and visits my brother and has lunch with him, etc. two days a week are my pressure relief valve.

i have this thing about absolutely hating anyone hovering over me when i'm working. just drives me batty. if i need help i'll ask for it, otherwise leave me alone. :) i've been very fortunate over my working years to have bosses that knew this and trusted me to get what i needed done, etc. but that last job i quit from went really sour when manager changed from someone who got this to someone who didn't... eek... lol...

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tell hubby congratulations on a job well done and bringing home a pay check for all those working years . Now, he will be working at home full time and a half for his daily bread and a bed to sleep in like most or the rest of us that have retired.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
F9220A95-81D2-429B-A6F6-720DA106B29B.jpeg
Our kayak ride this morning.

Latest posts