He’s Retired

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
At least he seems prepared for the *Honey Do * List and wants to get going on it. I do not see that happening here. Not sure what he plans to do. ANYTHING HE WANTS I guess :( I am also afraid of money issues as he is not 65 yet and insurance will be out of pocket. We tend to bicker about projects I think need doing and his response is always, I will do it, when I get to it! We bought a replacement garbage disposal 2 months ago. Still in box in front of sink. (He had a week off work during that time!) Water conditioner has not really worked in over a year. Needs to order a small part to fix it himself. When I remind him every 4 or 5 months I am a NAG. But I have spent so much on cleaners and other products to combat the hard water / rust issues I could have just bought a new one :( He is crabby and ill tempered with me, nothing I say comes out right. He is mad nearly constantly. Wish me luck.
:hugs

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee , I think reminding a guy of the honey do list is ok, but don’t you think every six months is a little excessive lol.
I went through a phase like that once. Finally a professional told me I was suffering from depression, no reason for it at all just life piling up I guess. But just knowing, was all the cure I needed.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary , you two are staying busy I see. I am sure you all are going to have a happy retirement congratulations.
We have always been busy on the weekends together. My only concern is that I will probably have to also retire in a year or two so that we can be on the same schedule. I need to be able to go to the cabin with him to help out with repairs and be with him or unplanned trips when fares are cheap.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mom retired when Dad did.

She claimed that it was a mistake.

... :hu

Apparently, her days were more fun and meaningful while working.

At first, Dad said that he was gonna hunt, fish, go camping, travel, and take a nap every afternoon. There was only one of those that he did in the first year ...

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mom retired when Dad did.

She claimed that it was a mistake.

... :hu

Apparently, her days were more fun and meaningful while working.

At first, Dad said that he was gonna hunt, fish, go camping, travel, and take a nap every afternoon. There was only one of those that he did in the first year ...

Steve
That sounds like hubbies retirement wish list! I know he will manage a nap. (He has been practicing that daily for YEARS now! ) Yes, I think I will work at least another year so he gets into a better routine and not completely thinking I have to do everything and go everywhere with him!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
At first, Dad said that he was gonna hunt, fish, go camping, travel, and take a nap every afternoon.

I think having unlimited time at our disposal can lull us into the "I can do that tomorrow" mindset. There is something about having a have-to schedule that makes us schedule recreational times in also.

At least that's what happens to me in my winter time semi retirement season. There is suddenly no urgency, and I become a master procrastinator.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think having unlimited time at our disposal can lull us into the "I can do that tomorrow" mindset. There is something about having a have-to schedule that makes us schedule recreational times in also.

At least that's what happens to me in my winter time semi retirement season. There is suddenly no urgency, and I become a master procrastinator.

i consider winter a resting up time so i can be ready for next season... :) if i actually did something physical that would help. i'm usually pretty busy all the time. when i'm bored usually means i'm tired, hungry or distracted about something.

just because i'm not doing something that someone else wants me to do doesn't mean i'm not busy and it also doesn't mean i feel like i should be jumping up to do something else either. at the cellular level i'm quite busy.

Latest posts