Hello 2013 !

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow! This warm bottled water may work!

Two more AppleGreen and another Dusky since I brought that box back to the south window! It IS day 10 for them.

The sun is really beginning to warm things here (despite the 20 windchill outdoors). The sunlight was so weak that I hadn't noticed its warmth until just a minute or 2 ago. Running some things out of here to the greenhouse makes the warmth appreciated. My separation from these plants is now becoming problematic. It is 71 in the greenhouse right now but without that furnace running life can take a chilly downturn real quick if a cloud moves in.

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Let us know if any of the SHOYAS show ya, and sprout ping tungs, kitazawa?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kitazawa, Marshall!

I wish I could shoya Shoya but still zero of the Asians!

1 eggplant seedling on the 16th
5 seedlings 17th, am.
13 seedlings 17th, pm.
17 seedlings 18th, am!

It doesn't surprise me terribly that the Dusky and AppleGreen are showing up like that. I'd like to think that it is the warm water under them and I bet it is. Having a thermometer lying here in the shade at the south window has been revealing. I knew that this was a cool part of the house but with all the sun coming thru this window yesterday, I would have expected the table to heat up, or something! 67F.

Okay, the University of Minnesota (click) tells us that it will take about 2 weeks for eggplant seed at to germinate at that temperature but only 5 days at 86. Should cut the germination time to about 1/3rd by raising the soil temp into the high 80's. I'm being optimistic but I'm ready for optimism.

I'd better start some more Jalapeno pepper seed! It's late but the old seed (got a lot of it :/) didn't germinate well! It looks like only about 30% of it is viable!

Doc: Now get a-goin! And, tear up some sheets! We are gonna need plenty of hot water in here!

digitS'

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nothing new amongst the Dusky & AppleGreen as we near the end of the day.

However, the Shoya:

DSC00610_zpsca1fb060.jpg

Steve :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
1 eggplant seedling on the 16th
5 seedlings 17th, am.
13 seedlings 17th, pm.
17 seedlings 18th, am.
19 seedlings 18th, pm.
33 seedlings 20th, am.

Still zero Roleks - 2011 seed. There may be no long green eggplants this year.

digitS'
now pushing the Keystone bell peppers stuck in with 2 tomato varieties :rolleyes:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Where can I get that tape?
jackb said:
Steve, LOOKING GOOD! I don't envy you transplanting all of those seedlings though. Oh, my aching back! I spent part of the day transplanting some seedlings that had roots growing out of the cubes. Rather than use all of my nice plastic labels for plants that would have to be replanted in the future, I decided to use blue masking tape made for painting to identify the pots. This tape is easy to remove so I just wrote the variety with permanent marker. The tape is visible just above the tray.

Jack B

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp121/hydrogardener/tape_zps1f701e26.jpg

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, however are you going to tell what time it is with no Roleks?

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
catjac1975 said:
Where can I get that tape?
You can get it at Lowes or any hardware store. It's called, appropriately enough, painters tape.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
In any painting supplies store, house painting supplies place that has house paints, they'll have blue masking tape. It removes easily, usually without leaving noticeable residue. oh, if left taped in hot sun it might. There is also now a green version that is stickier.

Latest posts