Hello from Arkansas!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Cathy and welcome! :frow Congratulations on your new farm, it sounds great. Is your cow a milker or for beef? We also talk chickens a lot on here...our own little clique outside of BYC, lol.

And Mary! Your garden is so beautiful! I'm glad you can post pics now. You've been holding out on us. ;)

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow

Howdy Cathy Cuddles. We have several folks from your part of the world. I'm about 120 miles north of NinnyMary, up in the woods. Up here I'm having a zone 7 winter this year. Most winters are more like zone 8, and we're also having a drought so far.

KT'sGirl is also from around your area, something like the opposite end of a ridge or something like that from Ridgerunner.

Raised beds are the way to go if you ask me, but I don't know about doing a full 40 acres that way. You know your gardening!

Bountiful Gardens has a lot of varieties designed for sustainable living. With 40 acres you'd be able to have a ton of bramble berries, some fruit trees. Those that need minimum freezing hours you'd need to look into which varieties. You could add Chickens. We have lots of Chicken keepers here, plus they have their own chicken forum, a sister forum to this one. There are some beekeepers here too. Not many, but some.

Ugh, I was pruning through my bramble berry patch today. I feel kinda stretched out again, but gaining on it.

With 40 acres, heck, you could have many gardens on it! Oh yea! Sure wish I had 40 acres!

We have fun here. Don't lose your login stuff, and come on in often.

We also have a network of bean collecting and growing.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, I think at one stage of putting the pictures in, on some of them you clicked for thumbnail.

You'll get it! :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Cathy & Welcome!

I think we will really enjoy learning about your farm & garden progress.
Please keep us posted.

Steve
(Isn't it great to see pictures of Mary's garden? And, all Cathy had to do was ask :).)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know why they are coming up
Mary, I think at one stage of putting the pictures in, on some of them you clicked for thumbnail.

You'll get it! :)
Marshall, you're right. I thought thumbnail would get you smaller pictures. Ones, so much not in your face! I was trying to do them like Kassaundra. She can post multiple pictures without having to click anything.

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Cathy!! What an adventure to move to 40 acres!! You will have to keep us posted on your progress. I live in town, in Southeast Texas, my garden is in the front yard because the back yard is too shaded. I garden in beds, not raised, maybe I shoulda planned that better..... lol

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wishing you a warm welcome from Wild and Wonderful West Virginia, Cathy! Good luck with your new 40 acre piece of paradise!

Latest posts