Hello from East Texas

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, moving to Texas from Pennsylvania is going to be a shock in several ways. I will be interested to hear how you handle the various gardening challenges. (Particularly the mid-summer heat and drought)

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow, moving to Texas from Pennsylvania is going to be a shock in several ways. I will be interested to hear how you handle the various gardening challenges. (Particularly the mid-summer heat and drought)
Yes, it is going to be a challenge! I'm thinking half the battle will be finding heat tolerant varieties.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
The other half of the challenge is that the garden simply burns to a crisp. Plant early, can, freeze, dehydrate and hunker down under the AC in August. LOL

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:gig :yuckyuck :lol: Now that Y'all mention it, I do remember hearing there are two growing seasons in Texas. . . Spring and Fall. Forget growing anything mid Summer. :barnie

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
If anyone has a chance at learning a new way to garden, it's someone who has "gardened in four different states and too many cities to count."

Me, I move 80 miles away and turn my new garden into a brickyard!

Welcome @Devonviolet ! We will all enjoy learning about your successes, and any little stumbles you have along the way. Don't be shy telling us about either. We are a hopeful and hopelessly curious bunch.

Steve​

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If anyone has a chance at learning a new way to garden, it's someone who has "gardened in four different states and too many cities to count."

Me, I move 80 miles away and turn my new garden into a brickyard!

Welcome @Devonviolet ! We will all enjoy learning about your successes, and any little stumbles you have along the way. Don't be shy telling us about either. We are a hopeful and hopelessly curious bunch.

Steve​
:frow
WOW! Thanks for the great welcome, Steve! I'll be sure to share my successes AND stumbles along the way! :lol:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, start a fall garden in September or late August. It depends on hot hot it is. I have started seeds in partial shade, then planted in garden as it got cooler.

Latest posts