Hello from Ontario!

sdavie

Leafing Out
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Hello from Missouri! What direction does your back door face, sdavie? I think you are going to manage to plant quite a bit in that small space.
It faces west, and gets quite a lot of sunlight in the summer. Like, it's basically only in shade in the evenings. Sometimes.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, sounds like Pigeons will be a problem, but you'll get it solved.

Mickey328

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
You could put a bunch of bottle towers out there and have lots and lots of growing things...and it would only take about 4 to 6 inches around the perimeter of the "fence"!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Howdy from southeast Texas and welcome to TEG!!!! I love your spirit and the fact that you are determined to grow what you can in the space you have! Way to go!!

sdavie

Leafing Out
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
Yep, sounds like Pigeons will be a problem, but you'll get it solved.
Would you believe we had MORE pigeons just last summer? Our buildings roof had a huge hole in the side of it (over our apartment, go figure) and the pigeons were living in it. Now there are far few pigeons -- though still a pest. and this weird tail-less squirrel but he's mostly about in the fall and spring.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have a squirrel that gets in our compost bucket on the deck. I really should get that back into a box but neither look so wonderful and I feel a little sorry for her when she shows up during late winter. She eats the inside of banana peels!

However . . . the squirrels also carry away the unripe peaches off the tree :/. Other than that, these Eastern Grey Squirrels, that I blame on Easterners - aren't of any other trouble.

Sdavies, you are using cookie boxes for starting seed? That looked so "normal" to me I overlooked it at first ;).

Steve

sdavie

Leafing Out
Reaction score
They're actually strawberry containers from costco! We go through A LOT and I mean, 3 boxes of strawberries in a week kind of a lot. Aha, can't have cookies around here -- as my fiance says, control starts at the store!

Latest posts