Hello from Rhode Island

BFVSFOREVER

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hello from Rhode Island. I have had small gardens for years. This year is going to be different as we have 21 acres of land, 5 cleared to play with. We moved here from New York to live with my daughter and her fiance. They are in the process of buying this property. Snow is melting and bare spots in the field are appearing. I am thrilled!!!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome, BFVSFOREVER! :frow

I don't think we've had any members from RI before. Tell us more about what you plan to do with your 5 acres. Will it all be planted, or will it pasture animals as well?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:welcome :frow @BFVSFOREVER! :frow :welcome Please to meet you.
I hope you jump right in and find a garden home here with our friendly, helpful gardening friends.

It sounds as if you're starting a real gardening adventure moving to such a grand space. Glad to have you growing with us!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome BFVSFOREVER! I'm a little jealous of all that land you have for a garden. That means you can plant everything! Will you also have animals?

Mary

BFVSFOREVER

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Welcome, BFVSFOREVER! :frow

I don't think we've had any members from RI before. Tell us more about what you plan to do with your 5 acres. Will it all be planted, or will it pasture animals as well?
We can't have full use of the 5 acres due to the owner having an agreement with a local farmer to hay most of it but once it is sold then we will have control. We have have use of 2 acres right now. But I'm looking forward to the use of it all. This link explains the history of this house.
https://wellsgenealogy.wordpress.co...report-the-thurston-wells-house-of-hopkinton/

BFVSFOREVER

Leafing Out
Reaction score
In the process of repairing the run for the chicken coop. That will probably be the extent of our livestock. I plan on potatoes, sweet corn, peas, beans, lettuce, and for the Grandchildren, watermelon, pumpkins and cantaloupe.

Latest posts