Hello from Rhode Island

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
What an amazing old house. I really enjoyed looking through all of the pictures and the story about Mr. Wells' mishaps being published in the local paper. I'm glad not every stupid thing I do makes the evening news...ha. I am also trying to imagine what would occasion 6 people to need to use the outhouse at the same time? :D This has been a very interesting introduction. Congratulations on your new home. :)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi,and welcome. Thanks for the historical tour of your beautiful old home.
You have an exciting adventure ahead of you!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow@BFVSFOREVER :welcome
I enjoyed the tour and history of your new place. WOW. 2 acres is VERY large to fill with fruit trees and gardens. Have fun.

BFVSFOREVER

Leafing Out
Reaction score
What an amazing old house. I really enjoyed looking through all of the pictures and the story about Mr. Wells' mishaps being published in the local paper. I'm glad not every stupid thing I do makes the evening news...ha. I am also trying to imagine what would occasion 6 people to need to use the outhouse at the same time? :D This has been a very interesting introduction. Congratulations on your new home. :)

It was also a stop over for the stagecoaches running between New York City and Providence/Boston. There are many relics on the property used to tie up the horses. If you look at the black and white photo you can see a section of the building that no longer exists along with the porches. Unfortunately that section and the porches were not salvageable when the restoration took place. It was the "Bed and Breakfast" portion to provide for travelers. There was also a huge kitchen in that section.

Latest posts