Help me add finishing touches to this garden.

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We have a mailbox in our main garden....good place to keep small hand tools close by and dry. Also adds some interest.
Done! Commissioned the artwork to my two children...

P1010834.jpg

P1010835.jpg

P1010836.jpg

Kim_NC

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Well, that's much lovelier than mine - it's just plain black, used & discarded by a previous owner and we decided to salvage it.

Very creative by the kids. Nice job!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Adorable! That is a great idea and adds a splash of color- perfect!! I am always on a search for my tools...

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I know what your garden needs. A BEE HIVE!!! :D

Id also do some of the paver stone kits. The ones where you decorate them yourself. Id do a pathway of those maybe mixed in with some non decorated ones from the house down towards Sven. Your kids could decorate them and go wild with that. Or maybe some stones kid painted going to tie in with the mailbox. Kind of randomly placed around just to bring in that kid friendly/whimsy touch too.

I really think you need a water feature. A pond, or even something simple like a whiskey barrel with a floating plants or a dwarf water lily, and some bog plants it would look fantastic. If you did the whiskey barrel you could frame it with some smaller potted plants to help ease the visual transition to the ground.

That's just me. I absolutely love what you've got so far, please keep us posted!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Speaking of whiskey barrel water features, I helped a friend come up with an idea for her garden . She hung a colorful watering can on a shepherds hook next to the barrel, then pumped the water through clear tubing so it came out of the watering can and splashed into the barrel. She planted around the base with a variety of perennials. Looks really charming!

Latest posts