Herbal Vinegar Recipes?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for balsamic vinegar?! That's my favorite... I use it on salads, french fries and I really like it on my fish. What herbs do you think would do well in it since its so flavorful to start with!?

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem :frow Re: Balsamic Vinegar

I think a bit of grated lemon or orange rind plus thyme & black pepper.

OR

Crushed juniper berries & black pepper.

:rose Hattie :rose

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I never heat vinegar to make herbal vinegars ..I love to stick chiles and chives and garlic chives, rosemary, garlic, sage varieties..thyme.. ...all kinds of herbs by themselves and mixing them up ..people love them as gifts and give the bottles back for "refills" so I know they are using them ...

this year because of a post somewhere ..I started some chive flower vinegar...someone somewhere posted to put the flowers in vinegar I think it was Wifezilla? I would like to give credit and can not find the post maybe it was on BYC? this is a huge online world and I get confused :p

anyway since I can not find the post about it I just remember that it was white vinegar and chive flowers!
so..

I filled a jar with white vinegar and put a bunch of chive flowers in
set it up in the window...now I am looking at the prettiest vinegar I have ever seen :) I am sure the flavor will be wonderful but right now just looking at it is such a pretty color!

so thank you so much to whomever gave me this idea!!!and anyone who has chive flowers should try it ..it is just so pretty!!!!

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
It might be worth a shot. I love my purple chive blossom vinegar :D
there you are! thanks for the idea where ever you posted it! just beautiful!!! I have jars on the windowsill and it just looks so pretty!

Sylvie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I found honey melon sage to make vinegar.
I planted what I thought was honey melon sage last year, but it was a mislabeled pineapple sage. I use the pineapple for tea blends so it sure didn't go to waste.
When I smelled this plant it was distinctive from the pineapple, and will make a heavenly vinegar!

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sylvie said:
I found honey melon sage to make vinegar.
I planted what I thought was honey melon sage last year, but it was a mislabeled pineapple sage. I use the pineapple for tea blends so it sure didn't go to waste.
When I smelled this plant it was distinctive from the pineapple, and will make a heavenly vinegar!
Oh Sylvie what a great idea I have a pot of that I will try it as well!

Latest posts