Hi from France!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Paul, I got this for Christmas, 2021
Eliot Coleman, who has been gardening 12 months/year in zone 5 (Maine), was inspired by European cold frame winter gardening, most especially in Paris, where the locals collected horse manure and straw from the city stables, and used those to create winter heat, and to fertilize.
Just FYI.

Paul G

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Paul, I got this for Christmas, 2021
Eliot Coleman, who has been gardening 12 months/year in zone 5 (Maine), was inspired by European cold frame winter gardening, most especially in Paris, where the locals collected horse manure and straw from the city stables, and used those to create winter heat, and to fertilize.
Just FYI.
That's on my to read list!
Yes, that's how early produce were obtained!
This technic is becoming more and more popular and here people are using it for germination and seedling growth in tunnel during winter.
Great gift BTW

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi Paul :)

A belated :welcome

I hope to read up on you and where you are later but I'm in a rush here and just noticed your entry.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks !
I can't access your profile.
Take care
Paul
I always try to keep my whereabouts private but I'm in the UK. I had a bad experience because I shared too much information online and had a lot of problems because of this.

I'm about to read up on all of these posts now. Wow you really have had great responses :)

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Paul living in France. I've grown up in a farm (raising lamb), we had plenty of fruits trees and veggies.
This alone is impressive
I've always like eating and gardening. I started my own garden in 2016 in Brookings SD as I was moving there for my PhD in Plant Science. Since then, I'm growing more and more food every year. I'm back to our farm in France and I'm starting to get serious about it. I love growing beans, there is so much diversity, and that is such a reliable source of food and yummingness throw-out the winter.
There is a bean thread here. Many of us love beans and I can't eat enough lentils
I not sure how I came across the Russ's website, I guess I was doing some research in the SSE. I have a 100 ft sturdy double row that is waiting for new baby beans.
I hope you're having great harvesting season.
Take care
Paul

Paul G

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I always try to keep my whereabouts private but I'm in the UK. I had a bad experience because I shared too much information online and had a lot of problems because of this.

I'm about to read up on all of these posts now. Wow you really have had great responses :)
I understand!
Hi almost neighbor, I hope thing are good in the UK.
Thank you

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I understand!
Hi almost neighbor, I hope thing are good in the UK.
Thank you
I would dearly love to grow beans but unfortunately I still can't do this. I'm the worst gardener on this site and probably the whole world 🤪

There's a massive slug and snail problem here. I may learn to cook the blighters ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts