Hi from New Zealand

Trish Stretton

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had to sow the peas even though it was late Spring when I rediscovered them. I was tired of my old seeds not coming. The expiry date was just up but they have done surprisingly well. I did sow them in a couple of spots, one in a more shaded spot and one in full sun but growing along with other stuff. The shaded ones havent done so well.

The zucchinnis are doing well. I love the flower fritters, with or without stuffing.
I'll have to check out that recipe, not too sure how it will go though as these peas are more of the floury sort than the sweet juicy ones.
I had thought to try my hand at turning them into split peas once they have been dried so they cook faster......but leaving alot for seed for next year.

Trish Stretton

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
you have to leave some of the stalks alone so the plant has energy to keep growing! i've never heard of any dog being interested in eating asparagus. :)

I did leave stalks. Some of the ones we ate were the very tops of those that for some reason I missed and they continued to grow up and are even flowering.
The bumblebees love the flowers.