Hiring Friends Brother

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It is so frustrating when people do you this way. One shouldn't need to babysit an adult hired to do a job...that they are getting paid for.

jomoncon

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I learned my lesson on this same subject. Had a down-on-his-luck veteran who lived in the neighborhood. He was in a wheelchair, having lost both legs. I had previously given him some home-cooked meals & we became "friends." He saw me weeding the front garden one day & asked if he could do it for me for $20. For me, that was a good deal, since I hate weeding. he did less than half, and then asked if he could have the payment then, since a bill was due. I gave him the $20 and that was the last weeding I ever got done! When I'd see him, he'd say he's going to come back "tomorrow." After a week of this, I finally told him to just keep the $20, but never speak to me again. I wanted nothing else to do with him.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I learned my lesson on this same subject. Had a down-on-his-luck veteran who lived in the neighborhood. He was in a wheelchair, having lost both legs. I had previously given him some home-cooked meals & we became "friends." He saw me weeding the front garden one day & asked if he could do it for me for $20. For me, that was a good deal, since I hate weeding. he did less than half, and then asked if he could have the payment then, since a bill was due. I gave him the $20 and that was the last weeding I ever got done! When I'd see him, he'd say he's going to come back "tomorrow." After a week of this, I finally told him to just keep the $20, but never speak to me again. I wanted nothing else to do with him.

Ha, you've heard the joke-- If you give someone $20 and never see them again, that may be the best $20 you ever spent?

Latest posts