Home Depot in NY Has Trees in Feb.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last night I went to home depot. When I pulled in parking lot I couldn't believe all the trees they had out. Way to early but I guess if stores can put out Christmas items in Oct, gardening in Feb not as far fetched.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
went to lowes this morning to get supplies for work, seed displays everywhere of course had to stop and look them over same old stuff, except a few interesting ones from burpee that caught my eye... purple tomatillos and white radishes. was about to walk out into the garden section to see if they had black hen in stock, of course my phone goes off so had to quickly ran around and get the supplies so much for a stroll though lowes... usually by now they have bulbs,onions,potatoes,asparagus,berries in the middle of the isle...

just might after hitting the hippie store for soil swing by lowes here and do a stroll....

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
Home Depot is on a shipping schedule based out of Atlanta, GA since that is where their headquarters is located. our plumber works part time for our local store so i have heard him state many times they get stuff so out of season & then when they run out they won't get anymore when they could be making a killing on selling what is needed in the middle of winter-usually when we have the height of blizzard season here at the end of January through February.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
hit the hippie store they finally had sunshine soil in big bags and picked up a bag of happy frog for mixing in once it's time to transplant into bigger pots..dw like the home brew area they had blue qt canning jars and wide mouth half pt jars..have to go back next week and pick up plant labels they where out...

figured since while in the city stopped by totally wine and picked up a couple 6 packs of west coast beer<anchor steam and sierra nevada torpedo ipa> dang the craft beer isle sure has expanded..just not from the usa but from all around the world, reading some of the tags some sounded interesting, some sounded down right unappealing to the taste buds...
while sitting here typing this enjoying a sierra nevada just looked at the label....well holy cow they have expanded,
history lesson: sierra nevada started out in chico california in 1980 it was one of the first micro brewers to hit the market...lesson done. oh one of my favorite beers
back when i was 18 and still is a 54..
sorry start to drift, guess i never read the label closely before, but in 2013 they built a brewery in mills river north carolina<asheville> final explanation competed in 2015....

driving back home hit the lowes on 220 like @Nyboy said trees everywhere shade to fruit, they had a small veggies stand going mainly cole and some lettuce and herbs
passed on them. walked over to the soil section nope no black hen compost, the manager if they where getting any in she gave my a look when i asked for it, give her the item number she looked it up "well we do sell it" she asked how many bags told her 40 her eyes got big, told her about my gardens" you live on athens rd/" yes
"my sister in law lives next door to you"....small world. give her my number when it comes in, asked about the 2 bags of black cow in damaged bags she marked them to a 1.00 each....grabbed them..

off we went looking around came across grape,berry vines dw mentioned blackberries right then saw muscadine's grapes. been wanting to grow them so looked over every pot found the 2 best, dw asked why i was so picky showed her the deference, "whatever" your the one with the green thumb.
we looked around for bit dw found a free stand shelf system that wound fit in her bathroom.
so came home with a carlos<green> and a jumbo <purple> and 2 bags of black cow and a shelf...

dw asked where i was going to plant them....at this time have no idea going to find a good place to build a permanent trellis again.....
did promise her that i would plant blackberries next year....

todays stroll was expensive, but fun....

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those strolls are always expensive for us! @majorcatfish LOL (DH and I often buy what looks interesting and no idea where it will get planted, oops.) We currently have some blackberries from HELL ... they will hook you , bare skin even, and not let go. We are thinking about digging those out and planting some thornless.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those strolls are always expensive for us! @majorcatfish LOL (DH and I often buy what looks interesting and no idea where it will get planted, oops.) We currently have some blackberries from HELL ... they will hook you , bare skin even, and not let go. We are thinking about digging those out and planting some thornless.
oh yes dig them up and get all the roots up, for a person growing at home thornless is the way to go, no asking for help getting your hand/arm unhooked and looking like a poster child for a band-aide commercial once done picking...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
You guys are so lucky that your spouses will take a stroll with you in the nursery section. Mine just tells me to take my time and he'll meet me at the car. :rolleyes: It could be worse, he could say "don't buy anything". :p
Mary

"we" the invisible's are working on that problem .......

Latest posts