Home Depot in NY Has Trees in Feb.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
During one of my trips to lowes today here in Columbia sc
Looked at the Bonnie tables dang there's peppers, tomatoes, eggplant flowers etc ..
Amazing how 3 hrs 1zone south it looks like spring around here...
Going to be glad to finish up this camera project Friday
And sleep in my own bed, now don't get me wrong they finally put me up in a nice hotel for a change. Even has a mini kitchen....
image.jpg

Going out of Mexican tonight

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice kitchenette. Is that a dishwasher?
Yup... Has pots pans silverware glasses.
Returned from dinner somebody on 1st and 3rd floors was cooking something that smelled delicious.

For being a town place marriott they have a sad breakfast
But good coffee..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
finally got the call from lowes...they do not carry "black hen" anymore. so send an e-mail off to black gold asking who carries it in my area waiting on a response.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
We're going to check Home Depot out tomorrow. I doubt that I'll be bringing home any trees just yet. I suspect that a tropical tender might stow away in the trunk and sneak into the sun room.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
oh yes dig them up and get all the roots up, for a person growing at home thornless is the way to go, no asking for help getting your hand/arm unhooked and looking like a poster child for a band-aide commercial once done picking...
NOT on the top of my list to rePLACE, but I'm definitely digging up the blackberries that my mother gave me years ago. Can't tell you HOW many times I've gotten those stupid thorns hooked on my or my clothes!! :he
AND, the birds keep getting all of the berries!
I'd rather spend my time on my two Montmorency cherry trees, if I need to babysit and watch for fruit. I still get a LOT, even if the birds get some, too.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was looking at berry catalogs this morning. I don't remember ever getting overly excited about the thorns on berries. I've been looking for thornless varieties, but wondering if I'm missing some good flavors by skipping the thorns.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
This isn't the first time I've heard of gardeners pulling out all of the thorned and replacing with thornless. I think once you do it, you wonder what took you so long. I guess they are hybreds, and planting the seeds of their fruit will give you a thorned bush, but so what? I don't own stock in BandAid Brand!

Latest posts