Home Depot in NY Has Trees in Feb.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I swore I would not plant anything with thorns when we moved into this house.
Even though I have a few dozen rugosas, and now a Cecile Brunner climber, I stick to that!
My clients have dozens of roses that have to be pruned each spring and my arms always look like I stuck them in a bag of angry cats. I really despise thorny plants, even if they have pretty flowers or tasty fruit.

My rugosas are away from the house and on their own pretty much so no worries about getting scratched by them. :)

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was looking at berry catalogs this morning. I don't remember ever getting overly excited about the thorns on berries. I've been looking for thornless varieties, but wondering if I'm missing some good flavors by skipping the thorns.

once i do replant blackberries/ raspberries will more in-likely order from these people...
http://noursefarms.com/

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
took a walk around the yard yesterday when i got home. was checking the fruit trees to see what pruning needs to be done & how much i could keep for grafting. i promised dh i wouldn't buy anymore trees this year & those i'll be grafting will need to be put in a spot he won't run them over with the lawnmower. i may just pot them for a year till they are strong enough to survive his mowing habits. :rolleyes:

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
My landscaper has taken out more trees and plants, then I care to count. Weedwacker or mower, I think this year I am going to ask him to replace things.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
start deducting from what you pay him for the cost to replace those items he took out. once you start doing that i'm sure he'd me more concerned with what he runs over or cuts down.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I forgot to stop at Home Depot on my last trip to town so DH and I went today. NOT A TREE! Nothing! It would seem that South-est, central-est Wisconsin is not due for garden goodies yet.

Latest posts