Home Made Food Gifts

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I use my kitchen all the time. I don't like dirty dishes in the sink. The big stuff I hand wash, the rest gets rinsed and put in the dishwasher. If there are ever dirty dishes left overnight, it's because I was sick as a dog and just could not do them. It's happened a few times, but not very often.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I use my kitchen all the time. I don't like dirty dishes in the sink. The big stuff I hand wash, the rest gets rinsed and put in the dishwasher. If there are ever dirty dishes left overnight, it's because I was sick as a dog and just could not do them. It's happened a few times, but not very often.
Same here except I don't have a dish washer.

Mary

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Most of my clients never go in their kitchens its a room the housekeeper uses. Every now and then a client will bring in home made cookies or brownies. I have always enjoy them, today cookies came in. As I was eating one another client came in and I asked if they would like a cookie. She asked if I was ever at the bakers house. When I said no she asked if I worry how clean the person is. I have been to peoples houses that where so dirty I wouldn't drink a glass of water there. When you are gifted with home made food do you ever wonder how clean their kitchen is ?
The old saying goes...hold you nose and down it goes. Though as a teacher I would never eat anything the kids gave me.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Same here except I don't have a dish washer.

Mary

i enjoy washing dishes, but sometimes am too busy with other things to remember to do it. still i do quite a bit of dish washing. Mom can't stand the idea of dishes in the sink overnight. i don't mind a few small items, but they are usually full of soapy water so they don't draw bugs. i can't even remember the last time i had a bug in anything in the sink other than one i just smashed or snagged out of the air with my chopsticks (ok, just kidding about the chopsticks part, but i do tend to get a lot of the fruit flies by smacking them out of the air). not tha we have a lot of them, but some come in with the things we pick from the gardens and may hang around for a few days before i get 'em.

we don't have an automatic dish washer either - i really don't like using them.

for just the two of us it's not too bad.

Mom's pretty clean freakish, but her eyes aren't the best so she doesn't see some things and i catch them later. still i don't usually have any problem picking dropped food off the floor and eating it, but i do look at it first and will rinse it off if there's a hair stuck to it.

the floors get dusted several times a week and we both rarely wear any kind of shoes past the doorway so it's not like much gets tracked around anyways. most of the stuff that gets on the floors are the dust from the stuff Mom makes her quilts from. thread, lint, fuzzies, when she's washing and cutting squares and sewing.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Both houses I have a cleaning lady. City house 2x a week country house 2x a month. My sister has a mental disorder her house has to be spotless. They throw a lot of party's the thought of some glass or dish in sink would drive her mad, so she has 3 dish washers in kitchen and she is the normal one in family

Latest posts