Horsetails, Beefy would you mind sharing some pics?

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That last picture it is obvious it was intended to be only a 'sod roof' and it probably worked incredible for several seasons. The problem they had was there was zero maintenance and no removal of each years seedlings that volunteered.

Those pine on the roof look about 5 seasons old and so this roof actually held up nicely. I would be fascinated to see what it looks like from the inside.

In a strange twist these trees might collapse perfectly downward and or the interior happens to build up mulchings over time...eventually only trees will be there, erasing any remnants of man and his conquerings. LOL :weee

A sod roof is a proven method for surviving such high mountain living!

In Florida, volunteers would be a problem, but they are a problem for folks who only grow in their yards, so it is really a matter of whether or not a gardener lives there! Ain't it great to be so talented! No matter where we live or what space we occupy, the gardener works it and makes it work...the other folks just stare at magazines! :tools

If someone showed me that old home with that roof and told me that I could have it....LOL OH MY! I would be in heaven!

Ron

Latest posts