How are Things in the Tomato Patch?

hiker125

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I feel like I have cheated because my hybrids have done better than the heirlooms. :/

I really wanted to get to where I can harvest my own seeds, but gosh darn it, those beautiful hybrids are so seductive.

Where oh where do you get chocolate tomatos?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I joke with Dh and say "I am not even sure I like tomatoes anymore!" Just as I get a batch done, I look out at the garden and start again!! I know I will be happy with them in the cold dark days of winter, but...My cherry's have kind of petered out- but the yellow pear are not even ripe yet! Hopefully, we'll have a late frost.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I could KISS the people on this forum that got me researching and implementing heavy duty COMPOSTING in my garden. ALL of my crops are the biggest, healthiest and tastiest I have EVER had. I mention it because I got some yellow pear's a couple of years ago, and they were all sour. But the spot hadn't had any fertilizer in FOREVER, and lots of people were talking about how tasty they were.
Thanks for sharing!! It really helps me to have a greener thumb!! :thumbsup <--**ducks4you picture of thumb--please imagine it "green"**

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
6215_tomatoes.jpeg

Early Girls
Japanese Trifele Black
Cherokee Purple
Striped Roman
Cuore di Bue-----the seed that i ordered said cuore di bue but they're not shaped like oxhearts

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Way to go sparkles!!!! LOVIN' THAT SPREAD!!!

I had no where near that many this year. But I finally got some Purple Cherokee that looked awesome shortly ago. Yours look HUGE though!!!

Latest posts