How Did You Get Your Login Name?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, this has been very revealing!

I had guessed the words behind your name, Vfem, but didn't realize that it is the name of a band. I'm sure that dates the heck out of me! I don't think of you as any kind of radical, V. If others are questioning your politics, maybe you are hanging out with the wrong people.

Hey! Wikipedia says that the Violent Femmes are 3 guys! Okay, I'm sure that's news to nobody here . . .

I imagine that a fair number of folks think my handle is "dig it" and that's okay on a gardening forum. Quite a few years ago, I was just sitting there looking at my hands trying to decide on what name to use.

Steve's digits

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ridgerunner - Raised so far back in the Tennessee hills people used to say we had to pump sunshine in. Not true, but we did pump a lot of moonshine out. But that was more my father's generation, and four of his five brothers.

It's just a local way to say I'm a hillbilly by birth and upbringing. I consider it good stock.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ridgerunner said:
Ridgerunner - Raised so far back in the Tennessee hills people used to say we had to pump sunshine in. Not true, but we did pump a lot of moonshine out. But that was more my father's generation, and four of his five brothers.

It's just a local way to say I'm a hillbilly by birth and upbringing. I consider it good stock.
:thumbsup
We call big monster bucks..you know--the kind you see a couple times in the weeks prior to deer season, then never see again...ridgerunners.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ridgerunner said:

LOL :gig

Digits' I assumed it had to do with fingers... mainly because you stuck them in the ground to work... having them attached is very important! :thumbsup
As for the Violent femmes... they're an older band, 1980's even. I was just a kid then. But I've seen them live a few times. They don't really put on shows anymore these days. Last show was about 5-6 years ago. :rose

Wind Notes & Butterflies

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
My Turn :D I love to Garden and I had a Wind Chime in my garden it had "Wind Notes"in letters and little floating music notes painted on the little wooden square thing that hangs between the metal pipes.
I love, love, love Butterflys so I combined the two "Wind Notes & Butterflies" :D

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Vfem - At first I thought your name was Violet!::D It wasn't until Journey wrote that I went back to look at your post. Maybe I need glasses. I've never heard of the violent femmes but that isn't new, I don't know any bands.:/

Digits - I was thinking of numbers.:/ Funny how people think differently.

Some of these names are very interesting. I'm waiting on bid and some of you regular posters.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
. . . but that isn't new, I don't know any bands. :/ . . .
Mary
East Bay . . . hmmm? Well Mary, do you know of Creedence Clearwater Revival :cool:?

Steve's digits

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
mandieg4 said:
My name is Mandie, my last initial is G and I have 4 kids. Very unoriginal.
They are all original... because they are all our own! :D