How Do You Heat Your Greenhouse?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just hooked up a thermo cube for the barn cat. He has a heating pad in a covered basket and a double bowl for his water & can food that is heated. When we're having weather like this - hot, cold, hot, cold - he gets too hot in the basket and the food dries out. I'm hoping that this will keep him more comfortable... poor ancient thing.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
The small light was replaced by a 10 watt LED grow light which really shows when the light is on during daylight hours, at night it will really glow! Good thing that my neighbors would need a helicopter to see the greenhouse. :cool:

led.jpg

Attachments

• led.jpg
    led.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 240

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
jack how often do you change the LED bulbs ? There are 5 LED grow lights that are 2 years old $100 for all 5 would they need new bulbs?

You do not change LED bulbs per se, they are hard wired into the fixture. The light should last 10 years, or about 100,000 hours with regular use. As I only use my lights when I can not use the greenhouse I expect to get much more than ten years. If it were my decision I would not purchase the lights on Craig's list, as they are not very strong and your results will be disappointing. That is most likely why the person is selling them. At the very minimum I would purchase a light with one watt LEDs, or better yet, two or three watt LEDs. It is a jungle out there when buying these lights, as everyone makes the claim that theirs is the very best and the claims can get extreme. Most of my lights are multi-specturm, ranging from 150 to 450 watt units. Yes, they cost more up front, but compared to replacing T5 grow bulbs every 4,000 hours they quickly pay for themselves. Do some serious research before you consider purchasing an LED grow light. Good luck.
Jack

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I figured that fuschia glow coming from the greenhouse would light your fire Mary. After dark the whole greenhouse glows!!
Well I would sit there in the evenings with a glass of wine and enjoy the lights! Wonder what my husband would say if I wanted a greenhouse with those lights? :\:rolleyes:

Mary

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought you would think that!! Well, it would be better than sitting in your chicken coop with a glass of wine. Show this to you husband, perhaps it will win him over.
ninnymary.jpg

Latest posts