How is your garden doing so far?

Purple Strawberry

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Here is my garden so far...

6152_dscn1500.jpg

In the bed below I have planted cucumbers, carrots, radishes and brussell sprouts.

6152_dscn1501.jpg

The middle bed which is below also has a row of lettuce and then a row of radishes and is alternating for the length of the bed.

6152_dscn1503.jpg

The last of my three beds is just potatoes. I am going to plant 1 or 2 pumpkins and tomatoes when I find something to do with the extra dirt while I wait on my potatoes to sprout.

6152_dscn1505.jpg

Happy Gardening!!!

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I got a row of peas in today. I also cleaned off a shelf with wheels that was hidden in the back of the shed and I am using that for my starters. I can wheel it in to the garage at night, then under the back porch during the day until it they are hardened off. I just have to enclose the bottom shelf somehow if I want to use it. Otherwise it will just turn in to a rolling duck treat cart :D

sheps4her

Leafing Out
Reaction score
momofdrew: the wood he used to make the grids on the beds was the thin wood found in the trim section at home depot. Sorry I don't know the exact name....neither does he and he bought it! :rolleyes:

Purple Strawberry

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
I got a row of peas in today. I also cleaned off a shelf with wheels that was hidden in the back of the shed and I am using that for my starters. I can wheel it in to the garage at night, then under the back porch during the day until it they are hardened off. I just have to enclose the bottom shelf somehow if I want to use it. Otherwise it will just turn in to a rolling duck treat cart :D
That is a good, easy way to harden off the plants.

Texan

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I am new to gardening and I am having some successes and some failures. I didnt know that mustard greens were cool weather plants and mine are doing poor. I am about to take them up. I also have some green onions doing very poorly. Gonna pull them up and stick some okra in the ground.

Blue tater plants are beautiful, watermelons (the red ones anyway) have sprouted, banana peppers are producing, yellow squash plants are thinking about feeding me. I am learning a lot from yall and most important of all, I am having a good time.

Mjd :cool:

jlmann

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hey guys! Just checking in. We've had some nice weather the past couple of days , so I've been busy outside. Got some netting up for my peas , put the last couple of rows of radishes in and FINALLY got my tomatoes outside for some real sun! Hope everyone is well and your gardens are doing good!

I almost forgot - trimmed the grapevines too!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I planted some chard yesterday and today i planted some beets. Some of my peas are starting to sprout so will need to get the netting up soon. Will plant lots of seeds this week.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The weather is going to be very good for planting this week. Hopefully everything will grow quick.

farmerlor

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Greg came home early from work tonight and tilled up the garden area again so I guess we're hoping that even though it's supposed to rain and be chilly this weekend we'll plant some garden. I'm going to start hardening my tomatoes next week.

Latest posts