How is your garden doing so far?

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
At long last I think I've got the layout of my raised veggie beds right! This happened at around 9pm yesterday evening. I'm so mean I didn't want to spend any more money on them. I bought the black PVC double-walled units about 5years ago & they were still perfect after a lot of use.

I have moved them all into their new position now. The first three have been planted up since the first week of April so look wonderful. I managed to fill 2 more & set out some veg I started indoors and they have taken to the great outdoors just fine :D Then I hit problems. I have a butterfly bush that has grown into a tree & it was in just the wrong place. I thought about taking it out but it provides very welcome shade to sit under; something not to sneeze at in the last few days. I also love to see it covered in butterflies. So I had to work round it. I was lugging round the frames last night -- luckily they are light-weight! I am just about to go out & check that I still like the new design. Then I can fill them........!! My poor old back!!!! :old :old :old

I have also made a series of mounds behind this area, against a close-boarded fence, for my squash & zucchini. They are planted between small fruit trees.

I'm longing to get this part of my project finished as I have so much else that needs doing in my sadly neglected garden. It is still beautiful, full of the first roses & clematis! :happy_flower Still now I am well and gardening again it should be much better next year!

We have just had a weather warning for bad thunder & lightning in the south of England ---Eeeeek!

:rose Hattie :rose

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I had an enjoyable day yesterday potted up different plantings. :watering
We had a nice flow of customers in the afternoon. :clap
And BBQ pork steak on the grill. :p
It has been a nice weekend :thumbsup

So, with the exception that my youngest sister is in the Hospital, she had been having pain in her mid back area. Dr had been treating her for kidney stones,but also told her if she didn't have any relief by Friday to go to the ER. They scanned her and found she has a large Blood Clot in her right lung. :ep This could have been fatal has it could have moved completely shutting down her lungs or moved to her heart. :ep :hit :hit They gave her a clot buster right away. She is on complete bed rest and is being given blood thinners. They will do more scans tomorrow to see if it is dissipating. She was so upset, of course we were also, but relieve that it was found before it killed her. :fl :fl :fl Now if she will just quit smoking, as the Dr ordered. But of Course she doesn't get to go out side. So this maybe a head start for her. She had to take her shower sitting in a shower chair.
She is more stir crazy now, than anything. She is only 37 years old. But a smoker and taking Birth control, that is a bad combination. :old

Well here are some photos I took this morning of our garden area.

DH's potatos are coming along very well :clap

And the fence garden looks good :D

I planted up some gift baskets

And I have a family of shoes and boots planted up

And I have a hanging wall planter my MIL gave me planted up on our garden area back fence.

And I did add some bachelor buttons to my front fence area. So I had a full day yesterday. :coolsun :watering :tools :thumbsup I was very tired last night but it was a wonderful tired. :throw

It is raining here today but as soon as it breaks I plan to go out and put some cardboard and newspaper down and then move 3 straw bales out of the duck shed for planting my asparagus beans in. :woot I will take photos. :thumbsup

:happy_flower Karan :D :happy_flower

m.rogers

Leafing Out
Reaction score
karanleaf

I see that your HD's potatos are in 5gal. buckets. Is this the first time he has do it like this. If not, what does he do to the buckets to make them ready. How do the potatos produce in the buckets. I have alot of buckets at work (drywall).

Thanks
Mike

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Purple Strawberry said:
I am so sorry to hear about your sister and will be praying for her. You garden looks nice and green.
You're in our thoughts too sweety!

Everything is so green and lush, you must be feeling very good about everything you've managed. :D

2dream

Leafing Out
Reaction score
So sorry about your sister. Hope she does well.

Everything looks so good in your garden. I know you have a million questions already but when you get around to it can you answer one more? LOL Do you line the shoes with anything before you plant?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I don't know what that is for lupin... but if it does work without me hurting my back... I want one!!!!

I finally had to break down and ask our neighbor to borrow his tiller... I just can't dig up this yard by hand anymore. My arms and legs are killing me... but some how I managed to put on 5 lbs?! ARGH!!!!!!

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
vfem said:
I don't know what that is for lupin... but if it does work without me hurting my back... I want one!!!!

I finally had to break down and ask our neighbor to borrow his tiller... I just can't dig up this yard by hand anymore. My arms and legs are killing me... but some how I managed to put on 5 lbs?! ARGH!!!!!!
Its a seeder XD it comes with discs that are meant for certain seeds/seed families, and you load the hopper, and it measures out the distance between seeds, digs the furrow, plants them, then covers them back up. It took 3 minutes to plant 2 rows of corn, it took me like an hour last week to plant 2.

Latest posts