How long have you been gardening?

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
swampducks said:
Since Aerosmith was a new band?

I don't want to think about it. Have you SEEN what Steve Tyler looks like lately? :th
:yuckyuck Oh he looks better then he sings and that is the sad part.

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
HunkieDorie23 said:
swampducks said:

I don't want to think about it. Have you SEEN what Steve Tyler looks like lately? :th
I haven't heard him sing anything recently. One can't go on forever I supposed.

Though Mick Jagger doesn't seem to believe it, I swear he still looks and sounds the same! :ep

gardentoad

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
swampducks said:
HunkieDorie23 said:
swampducks said:

I haven't heard him sing anything recently. One can't go on forever I supposed.

Though Mick Jagger doesn't seem to believe it, I swear he still looks and sounds the same! :ep
He sang at the Super bowl, I never was a Aerosmith fan.. If that was the way he sang back in the day...makes me even more proud to be country..

Don

tropicalplanttom

Leafing Out
Reaction score
have you guys seen Jagger on that new Will I Am track??? Being a rock god allows you to get away with many things, but that is just a crime!

On the subject of gardening, I started with my dad before I can even remember, and carried on through my teens. Many is the day I'd earn my 'going out' money by lugging rocks and top soil to help build a new part of the garden. It definitely stuck, and I am constantly planting stuff still (a couple of decades later).

cityfarmer

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I helped my mom in the mid 70's when I was 5-6 years old and she had a veggie garden. Then we moved and didn't have a garden. I started again about 12 years ago when we lived in a town house a got earth boxes. Then 7 years ago we started our raised beds in the house we bought. I learn something every year and every time I am on this forum.

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
On a more serious note and casting Mr Tyler aside (sorry, Steve), I started gardening with my older sister, helped by dad (he provided the money and heavy lifting) in my parents' back yard in central Mass, back in the early 70s. We called it the Failure Farm, not expecting very much. Did the usual, tomatoes, cucumbers and probably zucchini, can't really remember details. I kept it up when I moved to southern CA and northern VA, both places varying degrees of success (failure?) And now I am in northern MI, still trying to figure out how it all works. :idunno

grow_my_own

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Let's see, how long have I been gardening? Hmmm... when I was a little girl, my parents always had some kind of garden in the back yard, at least a few rows of this and that, and the whole family participated in it. We also had fruit trees in our back yard, and my grandmother had a pomegranate tree, two English walnut trees, two Thompson seedless vines, and a peach tree (until it got some disease when I was about 10 & they had to take it out and dig out the whole root ball and everything). While I have not had a garden every year of my life (i.e., when I was a young wife and mother, we often would live in apartments and such), I still always have at least had a couple of houseplants and some potted flowers on the balcony wherever I lived. We lived in a duplex for several years where I had raised herb beds in the back yard and other cooking herbs and pretty flowers in the front yard.

In my adult life, I have had an actual garden of some kind for probably 20 different years, though not all in a row. This year will be our most ambitious garden ever.

So all in all, in my 49 years of being alive, including family gardens I remember from childhood, if I tallied up all the years I've gardened, I'd have to say probably about 30.