How many Have One of These ?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Would like to find a farm stand, my parent use to buy corn from one when we where kids. Stand was at driveway of farm, what ever was ripe that day was what was sold

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
IF you know a farmer (do NOT get into a GMO fight or tell him how to farm) most put out more sweet corn than a small town can eat-just so they have some. Offer to pick and pay, most would be happy to share-if they aren't selling it. If they won't take money-some won't, donate $$$ to 4H with their kid (or better yet G'child) named as recipient. Doesn't get any fresher than right out of field. After first year, he'll probably call you to tell you sweet corn is ready.

Last edited:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary Can't speak for farmers in your area, most are friendly and do t know a stranger. Don't be afraid to just pull into a family farm-Corp. AG probably won't have sweet corn-tell them what I typed-the jist-not exact words--and say this came from an Indiana AG worker. Worst thing that can happen is he will say "go away". Most will get a laugh and blow some crap at you. Don't be afraid to give it back--with a smile of course. And laugh at his insults as its all in fun.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
what is FFA ?
FFA Is future farmers of America. I should have put 4H-I did correct that now. At county fair, people can donate $$ to specific kids and it is added onto sales price at auction. That way you don't have to buy the whole animal/project.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary Can't speak for farmers in your area, most are friendly and do t know a stranger. Don't be afraid to just pull into a family farm-Corp. AG probably won't have sweet corn-tell them what I typed-the jist-not exact words--and say this came from an Indiana AG worker. Worst thing that can happen is he will say "go away". Most will get a laugh and blow some crap at you. Don't be afraid to give it back--with a smile of course. And laugh at his insults as its all in fun.
You expect me to remember all that? lol

When we go up to our cabin, we pass fields and fields of corn. Don't know if it's sweet though. Never see the farmer to ask.

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Doubt it is. I wouldn't stop at a farm unless I was from area. That would be a little creepy. Most farmers sweet corn patches are near home or hidden-for obvious reasons.

Yes, I expect you to remember that as I know you are highly intelligent.

Latest posts