How Many Meals Do You Have Potatoes ?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
We eat them maybe once a month. We like them, I just don't make them. I always put in soups but now I'm getting tired of that and using different veggies instead.

Mary

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
When we have the kids out, we make them often, but when it's just Mom and I, we normally eat them in a soup of some kind, so mostly about once per week. Grew up on spuds, though, ate them every day and sometimes every meal. They are great for stretching the food budget and the cellar stores.

I love the Pontiac Reds and will likely grow them this year as well.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
when working out in the gardens in the summer i can use all the fuel i can eat. pasta or potatoes are good for that. in the winter, when i'm not doing much i have to be careful because all i want to do is eat.

would rather eat sweet potatoes than other kinds, but for the sake of variety anything is good. like them with the skins left on too. scrub 'em and cut out anything that looks odd and bake or nuke 'em. Mom usually peels and boils 'em. sweet taters we just usually nuke. once in a while roast in the oven. best way i like potatoes if they're going to be peeled is to put them in with a roast, carrots, onions... yum yum...

Latest posts