How Much Weight did Steve Gain?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I appreciate the guesses giving me the benefit of the doubt . . . No matter how convoluted . . :) !

Not very much snow shoveling this winter - not enough to make up for all the sitting and all but complete absence of any exercise program!

Almost, as a regular thing, I gain 15# each winter - for the last 10 years, maybe. The summer of 2012, I didn't lose the 15# and struggled mightily to keep from piling on the customary weight gain that winter. Halved it with a 7# gain. But, that was then, this is now . . .

Not too, too bad: 8#.

Mary is closest. I wonder if she would like to try some of my early melons this year. Fresh tomato seed in the fall? Send me a note, early or late, Mary :).

Steve

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't feel bad, Steve...you are in good company! I'm sitting here with my usual 10 pounds of hibernation fat. Every year I swear I am not going to let it happen...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I figure it is sugars, starches and ease of access, Lesa.

I just don't know, Mary. It has always been frustrating to me that I'm so close to Hermiston Oregon and all of its melons.

It is 2° of latitude farther south, 1500' lower in elevation and averages 5° warmer on summer nights (I checked :)).

I don't know what it takes beyond a few varieties.

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I appreciate the guesses giving me the benefit of the doubt . . . No matter how convoluted . . :) !

Not very much snow shoveling this winter - not enough to make up for all the sitting and all but complete absence of any exercise program!

Almost, as a regular thing, I gain 15# each winter - for the last 10 years, maybe. The summer of 2012, I didn't lose the 15# and struggled mightily to keep from piling on the customary weight gain that winter. Halved it with a 7# gain. But, that was then, this is now . . .

Not too, too bad: 8#.

Mary is closest. I wonder if she would like to try some of my early melons this year. Fresh tomato seed in the fall? Send me a note, early or late, Mary :).

Steve
Convoluted? is that any way to talk about the winning answer? ;)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seedcorn, you think about what you'd like - maybe from that post on "the final tomato seed."

I will have reports on the new-to-me varieties through the season and fresh seed from the standards.

Steve :)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was going to guess 8, but I wanted Mary to win. :D
I'm right behind you Lesa, except I don't know my total because I studiously avoid the scale. :hide
In the spring when work starts up and I drag my work pants out of the drawer...then the truth is plain to see.
I have put the scale in the bathroom now so I can glare at it regularly. It's a small space, but I found it a home standing up behind the door.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't dare not get on the scale. I don't want to be too surprised by spring! At least if the number crawls too high- I can take action as needed! I don't panic much about the 10 pounds- I should be able to work them off!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seedcorn, you think about what you'd like - maybe from that post on "the final tomato seed."

I will have reports on the new-to-me varieties through the season and fresh seed from the standards.

Steve :)
Thanks but no thanks. I was just giving you grief. I'm terrible at starting plants and that's being generous.

good luck on losing yourself (the 8#'s).

Latest posts