How Secure Are Your Tools ?

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
will say this over 17 years there have been numerous times that i have left the barn wide open for days the lights on and keys in the lock. the fortunate thing is you can not see the barn from the road... and if anyone has tried to sneak around here the motion lights have scared them off at night, there is always a car here weather somebody is home or not you never know. the dogs bark when they hear a car coming down the driveway..wish i had their hearing... and if they did make into the barn or the house they would probably leave a note saying .....we pass

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
one of the best parts of buying our place here is the neighbors
look out for each other still we lock the doors at night but but
the domes we use do not lock BF never locks the garage or vehicles
here and nothing has ever been bothered

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nothing is locked up here. Not the garage, not the garden shed, not the wood shop. I have started locking the house doors at night, but with Son here off and on all day I don't imagine anything would stay locked. I know he'd soon have the keys to my pantry and refrigerator anyway.

The grands each do have a house key and know where the 'spare' key is hidden.

As Spouse always said, "locks only work to keep honest people honest. The crooks will manage to get into anywhere if they want" ... why have their damage to repair as well?

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My tools are all secure, my method is to leave them spread out and reside in the last place I used them, as long as they are under roof.
If a thief wants to go around and collect them I just hope I get home before they drive off, that way I'll have them all in one place and be able to put them where they belong.

THANX RICH

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
NY, that is one adorable looking pooch!!!

We don't lock up anything here either, except the house when we leave, which doesn't mean much because, as Red says, the dishonest folks will break a window and come in anyway.

We live back in a holler with only one road in or out, about a quarter mile long, so not the best place for a smooth getaway if stealing anything of real value. And we don't have much of real value, though for the druggie and the drunkard, anything that can be sold to fund another hit doesn't have to have a lot of value, just enough to get that next fix.

Couple the lack of anything valuable with the big dogs seemingly running loose and at will, not to mention our complete and total willingness to shoot a load of buckshot into things we want to get rid of(for which we have a long standing reputation in this neighborhood), we never lose anything here.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My tools are all secure, my method is to leave them spread out and reside in the last place I used them, as long as they are under roof.
If a thief wants to go around and collect them I just hope I get home before they drive off, that way I'll have them all in one place and be able to put them where they belong.

THANX RICH
:yuckyuck:gig:yuckyuck:gig:yuckyuck:gig:yuckyuck

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last summer, first my chain saw, then my trailer. Chain saw was in old shed (I'll spare you that story) that couldn't be locked. When trailer stolen, wife was on rampage about locking everything. As I explained, can't lock old shed. SO, I GOT PERMISSION to build a new one. No argument!!!!! Police caught thief of trailer (his court date has been Post poned 5 times so far). Sheds are much cheaper now. Never start a shed with "as we have time" help. Saved about $3,000 but started in October, still waiting to have electric turned back on. But it has been fun.....although wife fails to see the fun part.

Latest posts