How to Eat a Melon

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, as I started reading your post about that melon, I wanted to stick my tongue out at you. :tongue But then I saw your invite so all is forgiven. Mary
even though i invited you,you still gave me the tongue...wow no worry i still love you.....
maybe it's time for y'all to move out east and buy a couple acres....love to have you as an neighbor..:hugs

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
even though i invited you,you still gave me the tongue...wow no worry i still love you.....
maybe it's time for y'all to move out east and buy a couple acres....love to have you as an neighbor..:hugs
It would take dynamite to get my "city boy" out of the bay area. haha

Mary

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
what type of melon is that??? looks like i will be growing more melons next year....

It's 'Hearts of Gold' Cantaloupe, an heirloom from 1895. 'The most popular variety grown for the Midwest market in the 1930's. Good yields of 3 pound melons with sweet, deep orange flesh and small seed cavity' - according to the packet.

They got off to a slow start with our cool wet Spring, but there are several 80's in the forecast so still a chance I will get to show off some flesh. :D

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
how about that i stand corrected again!!!!!! a bunch come on all at once. dang rain ...
had 2 melons that split wide open, picked these 12 all have good homes, yes you see 10 the other two have been peeled and chunked for my g/m. she slipped and is in a soft cast so she can not cut a melon.. yup sucking up...
DSC_0013.JPG

here's the best weight so far.......
DSC_0012.JPG

there s another 10 out there and the weather is not in our favor the next couple days for melons....

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
How to eat a melon? Feed it to the chickens, then eat the chicken. :hide I actually do not like ANY melons. :sick

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
this morning took the melons into work had to put them in the cold room next to my office, walked out and there was an employee digging though them...what s you doing? seeing which one i want to take... not all of them are spoken for.... really when are you going to bring more in...sometime next week.... bring me one...ok

figured since i can not sit and guard them all day plus with the aroma of ripe cantaloupes permeating the room, better take drastic measures...
photo (6).JPG

in the afternoon the owner showed up we had our talk about lack of lighting at some of the stations showed him what has been done, took out the g.e. t-8 bulbs and installed sylvania alto 850 bulbs....now they have no excuse about lighting....
anyway told him that i have a couple couple presents 1 for him and 1 for his wife.. he had a good belly laugh once he saw and i explained why the ice chest was chained up....

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Remember those old cartoons of the smiling characters with closed eyes being pulled along about 5' above ground ..

. just by a fragrance on the breeze?

;)

Steve

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Holy cow, @majorcatfish , you could open a veggie stand!
Funny you had to chain up your melons, but that's what it would take to keep me out of there. :D

Mine are getting there, not ready yet, but I've been sniffing them anyway!

View attachment 9143
your melon looks yummy, good job keep your nose to the ground....:gig

Latest posts