How ya doin'

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
118962515_3339141502832715_8454888411309098101_n.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love that Carol!! Haha! At this moment, I am still in sloppy jammies, drinking the last of the coffee. Being lazy. Chores are calling, I need to get going. I need to feed the steer, let the sheep out in the yard to graze it down, feed chickens (layers and pullets) move the chicken tractor (daily), 45 Cornish Cross, I bank earth ALL around the chicken tractor and stomp it down to keep the #$^*%$ snakes out, then give them fresh fermented feed and water. Play with the dogs and check the sweet corn to see if it is ready. A neighbor brought me some pears yesterday, I need to can them today. Ok, coffee is gone, got to get f=dressed and get outside. Oh, have a piece of pumpkin pie!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, have a piece of pumpkin pie!
Oh Bay' . Is that pie made with your Pink Banana squash? Taste the pie, now ;), is it as good as I remember from childhood?

I'm eating pumpkin pie from my Buttercup.

Somethings that I have been noticing: I have developed a habit of drinking coffee 3 times a day instead of twice. And, watching teevee sports doesn't work well for me. I become anxious to be doing something! What to do? I shouldn't be outside in all this smoke ...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh Bay' . Is that pie made with your Pink Banana squash? Taste the pie, now ;), is it as good as I remember from childhood?

I'm eating pumpkin pie from my Buttercup.

Somethings that I have been noticing: I have developed a habit of drinking coffee 3 times a day instead of twice. And, watching teevee sports doesn't work well for me. I become anxious to be doing something! What to do? I shouldn't be outside in all this smoke ...

you need beans to shell out! :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got the pears canned, over 3 days. They are time consuming to quarter, core and peel. I canned them in a light syrup with the juice of one lemon per batch. Then I peeled away the white stuff from the rind and put a couple of pieces of lemon peel in each jar. They are delicious.

Made crisp thin ginger snaps today. Can’t stop eating them! Think I’ll go hide in the barn with the sheep and take them a pocket full of animal crackers.

Got new bathroom scales and suddenly gained 8 pounds! Argh! I want my broken, WRONG scales back!!

It’s raining. There is a lull in the rain, going outside to feed sheep, 8 laying hens that aren’t laying, 9 pullets that aren’t laying yet, 45 meat chickens that aren’t meat yet, a steer that will be meat in March, and horses that just hang around and eat. DH feeds the dogs, rotten spoiled beasts that they are!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got the pears canned, over 3 days. They are time consuming to quarter, core and peel. I canned them in a light syrup with the juice of one lemon per batch. Then I peeled away the white stuff from the rind and put a couple of pieces of lemon peel in each jar. They are delicious.

Made crisp thin ginger snaps today. Can’t stop eating them! Think I’ll go hide in the barn with the sheep and take them a pocket full of animal crackers.

Got new bathroom scales and suddenly gained 8 pounds! Argh! I want my broken, WRONG scales back!!

It’s raining. There is a lull in the rain, going outside to feed sheep, 8 laying hens that aren’t laying, 9 pullets that aren’t laying yet, 45 meat chickens that aren’t meat yet, a steer that will be meat in March, and horses that just hang around and eat. DH feeds the dogs, rotten spoiled beasts that they are!

Those are my favorite kind of Ginger Snaps, I have not had any in years. :drool The pears sound GOOD too! I have Pampered Chef gadget that peels apples and slices, or just peels) I think would work for pears too! But really I kind of like peeling by hand. Wish could come over and peel while you did the rest of the HOT work. ;)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

i just happened to have checked the scale a few minutes ago. 170lbs. not as low as i'd like but i have a few more weeks/months of work yet to do so perhaps i can burn it off by winter. 5lbs would be nice, 10lbs would be excellent. knowing Mom i'll be lucky to take off any at all. :) she's been making rice krispy treats lately and they go down way too easy...

Latest posts