How you keeping yourself busy?

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
@AMKuska many years ago use to grow grapes at that time no fences 2 years in a row the deer knew when i was going to pick and they would eat every grape.. was very disappointed then black rot got a hold of the grapes, so that ended my grapes.
all my gardens had just 24" chicken wire since at that time there was a great number of rabbits that lived around here and wanted to keep them out, easy to put up and take down every season worked like a charm, once i moved the gardens to a better location on the property yes the fence kept the rabbits at bay.

but the deer just stepped over the fence and would eat everything that i have planted so went with the 4' fencing basically in every garden area. this has stopped the deer during the growing season there is plenty of other foliage for them to eat.
the deer will still strip anything that basically grows on the fences, but to lazy to jump over the fence, as for the rabbits have learned to coexist with them, they really don't eat much plus they need a safe place hide from hawks and to give birth...
yup i'm a softy.

Latest posts