hurricane florence....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
the sheraton in greensboros has been a staging point for utility companies for years that come and help. friday on the way home it was nothing but utility trucks..
and on the way home today it was convoy after convoy heading east....

our store in warsaw nc 45 minutes from the coast lost a good portion of it's roof and 2 garage doors. roads flooded no power. could be weeks till they are up and running....

hats off to every lineman leaving their families to help....

and our rain total just shy of 12"

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/FayettevillePD/status/1042009828573556736/photo/1
been watching the news... all the rivers thought out the eastern part of nc,sc have jumped their banks.

this is the cape fear river in fayetteville nc usually it's 15' lower in the first photo...
DnX2aXZXoAAutuL.jpg

this is worse the hurricane Matthew a couple years back..

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've been watching the coverage (like everyone else) and it's just heartbreaking. The last bits blew through here Monday and caused 6 tornadoes! Communities that were thinking they got a pass on the storm are picking up pieces of homes today. So sad.

Been picking up limbs and mulching leaves in the yard past couple days, figured I'd ride over to the farm and check things out, My son and I were over there Saturday and only had 1 tree down In the garden. Tuesdays trip was a much different route. The road I normally use...well lets just say it will be a while before it gets used again. This happened Saturday night, when the hard rain hit.

IMG_0991.JPG

IMG_0992.JPG
IMG_0983.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

Latest posts