hurricane florence....

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Couple of years ago there was a flood in Nj. When the water went down there where dead fish everywhere. There where public announcements on the radio not to eat any fish found died. I believe if someone is foolish enough to eat a found dead creature they deserve what ever they get

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
But think all of the fish fertilizer one could make from it!!! :celebrate

Lol I haven't eating anything I found dead in the road, but I have eating deer that died in the Hwy. Funniest one was once on the way home from deer hunting, I was T-boned by a young buck, right in the passenger side door. I stopped and the poor fellow was DOA, at least I thought. Nothing was hurt, looked as though he had broken his neck. Anyway I throwed him in the back of the truck, headed home.
30 minutes and 25 miles later, I pull up to the skinning shed beside the barn, naturally my son who had been hunting too came out thinking I had killed a deer while hunting, I proceeded to tell him what happened, and to get started cleaning, I was getting a glass of tea, then I'd be out to help. while in the kitchen, I hear a pistol shot, came running back outside only to see my son drawing a bead on this deer with his pistol, I was like what happened, he said I grabbed his hind leg and started pulling, he pulled it back out of my hand, and scared the crap out of me, next thing I know he's trying to get his legs under him to jump off the truck. Come to find out, deer was just out cold, rode all the way home and back of the truck to wake up at my skinning shed...Lol.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lol I haven't eating anything I found dead in the road, but I have eating deer that died in the Hwy. Funniest one was once on the way home from deer hunting, I was T-boned by a young buck, right in the passenger side door. I stopped and the poor fellow was DOA, at least I thought. Nothing was hurt, looked as though he had broken his neck. Anyway I throwed him in the back of the truck, headed home.
30 minutes and 25 miles later, I pull up to the skinning shed beside the barn, naturally my son who had been hunting too came out thinking I had killed a deer while hunting, I proceeded to tell him what happened, and to get started cleaning, I was getting a glass of tea, then I'd be out to help. while in the kitchen, I hear a pistol shot, came running back outside only to see my son drawing a bead on this deer with his pistol, I was like what happened, he said I grabbed his hind leg and started pulling, he pulled it back out of my hand, and scared the crap out of me, next thing I know he's trying to get his legs under him to jump off the truck. Come to find out, deer was just out cold, rode all the way home and back of the truck to wake up at my skinning shed...Lol.

Heard a friend tell a similar story, only the deer hit a passenger car, "killed" itself, and was loaded into the back seat. Before getting home it woke up and the rodeo was on! Fortunately they were able to pull over and let it out before anyone was damaged.

Latest posts