Hurting

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary I think that is the problem, today people want instant results, no one wants to take time to heal.
It's taken me a year to heal. In our later years, I tell everyone that everything takes a year to heal. :) I also sprained my wrist in March. I'm waiting for March to come so my wrist will be healed. haha

Mary

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I had my first shoulder injury, my doctors recommended phyisical therapy , after a month ... no benefits. What finally worked was going out and picking about 25 pounds of blueberries at a "U- Pick" place. :hu

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I had my first shoulder injury, my doctors recommended phyisical therapy , after a month ... no benefits. What finally worked was going out and picking about 25 pounds of blueberries at a "U- Pick" place. :hu
That's exercise. My pt sessions didn't help either. It was the exercises that my coach had me do 3 times a week that worked. She said to do them for the rest of my life even though there is no more pain. Of course, I've since gotten lazy. :rolleyes: But I do work out 4-5 times a week.

Mary

Last edited:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Of course time won't heal all injuries. But with time they do improve. In my case anyway. But I can walk (with a limp) and pedal a bike now so I'm very grateful for that.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's taken me 10 years to heal from whatever "event" occurred 2 weeks after I retired -- little by little, year by year. Among other things, orthopedic doctor said my shoulders would never improve without surgery. Wrong!

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
My bet is that eating the blueberries is what worked...

THANX RICH
Well, most of the blueberries became jelly, jamies, preserves, and a couple pies for parties. If I had eatedn a total of a pound of blueberries, I would be surprised. Several hours of work harvesting the berries is what actually worked by releasing adhesions and loosening muscles which then allowed for proper healing. Me thinks , while doctors shrug shoulders ! :hu

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smiles Jr. my DH tore ligaments in his back and he was in a lot of pain. He worked everyday. I don't know how he did it. I bought him massage chair pads for his office chair at work and one for his recliner at home. They really helped him, but time is what healed him. It took awhile. If you go do things that you shouldn't do and re-injure yourself, just know that it will take twice as long to heal.

Do NOT have surgery. You will heal. Take the advice offered here and take care of yourself. Surgery is forever.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@digitS' , I'm sorry I forgot to reply to your question about Trafalgar, IN. I know where it is but I'm not sure I have been there. Maybe 25 miles northwest of us. We have neighbors about a mile down the road who told us that one of them (don't remember which one) is from there. But I'm almost sure they aren't pioneers. Now we do have old friends way over in Cincinnati who really are Rogers and Clark. Jerry Rogers and Sue Clark. But I'm almost sure they aren't pioneers either.

Latest posts