Hurting

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was at the Y this morning and spent fifteen minutes in the hot tub, right in front of one of the jets. It made my old body feel soooo much better when I got out. Sorry about your injury and hope to hear you are back in action real soon.
jackb

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smiles Jr., I would stick to the hot tub rather than a sauna for muscle relief. I just mentioned the sauna to show cold weather is not a deterrent to either. It is both the heat and the jets that work on the muscles. Whatever it takes to get better is good in my book. . . surgery would not be an option for me until all other opportunities were expended, but that is me.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Greensburg is 40 miles from Trafalgar.

Any chance that you know of that little, 1,000 person town, Smiles?

Trafalgar is in Hensley Township, named for my grandmother's family. You see, before they were ID pioneers, they were IN pioneers. Not the same people ... no, they were with George Rogers Clark in Kentucky waaay back when. Then, they crossed the Ohio.

See, this is how you can waste all sorts of time during the early weeks of winter - genealogy. Sure. If there are Mormons in your current list of cousins, you are in like Flynn ;)!

You will likely only come up with names and dates but, you can never be sure that there isn't some big shot or scoundrel or saint everybody knew about. Besides, those saints would want you taking care of yourself ... you bet.

Steve

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
You might try finding a good massage therapist that specializes in sports injuries...those are the kind that don't just rub on a person, but actually use certain methods of massage that relieve pain. I'm trained in this type of massage and have saved many a person from surgery...supposedly the "only thing that would work". :rolleyes:

I'm with others on that...surgery should be the last resort. I've seen irreparable damage done with surgery for an injury that could have been treated with just a few massage sessions. After surgery, there's no going back.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just be careful of that heated trough, especially if you see any veggies or seasoning in there before you step in.
You could be next weeks soup stock!!!

THANX RICH

Oh man! I just hate it when that happens.

But, on the other hand, I've been told that I'm somewhat spicy.
Oh wait - maybe that was spacey. :gig

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know you said your bath tub was to small to soak in, any chance a family or friend might have bigger tub. Soak in hot water with Epson salt works wonders.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smiles, I have 3 tears in my shoulder. When I saw one surgeon he told me he is very conservative when it comes to doing surgeries unlike many others. Said he would only do it if pain was unbearable and preventing me from sleeping at night. One of my coaches gave me shoulder exercises to do and a year later I believe some of the tears have healed. I went from not being able to lift my arm without pain to being able to do circles with it and lifting weights. I am no doctor but believe that time will heal them.

Mary

Latest posts