I Am Getting Ducks

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
We've had ducks a couple of times and they just don't seem happy if they can't swim and dunk their heads under water as much as they want.

NY, if you don't want them to fly away, you can always cut the wing feathers so they can't.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
City house where i have rabbit I do have goldfish pond. They are tiny smaller then call ducks. Goldfish are pretty big so i don't think ducks can eat them. will have to upgrade filters

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I was a teenager I worked weekends at Humane society. Couple of weeks after Easter someone dump off 4 baby ducks. I took them home not knowing what to do with them. My father took a liking to them and wanted them. He built a duck house and pen for them ( keep in mind this was in city) He would let them out before work, they would spend all day on the lawn when sun went down they would return to pen by them selves. They never left the small city yard. My dad had for over a year. There was a small kiddie pool for water. They where all white and all would lay eggs. My parents went away for weekend my father told me to make sure I locked them up at night a raccoon was tring to eat them. Sat night I went out parting with friends came home buzzed and forgot the ducks. i will never forget finding pieces of them all over the yard. Telling my father was very hard to do, I have to say he knew how bad I felt and didn't blame me.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
great another plague waiting to happen, in the south we have wild pigs, can you just image @Nyboy letting his pets lose after he getting bored with them in a city pond.. they will fit right in with new york city traffic..... another good reason to to raise taxes again in new york.....the duck duck goose tax bill...:lol:

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
major that is what some parks in NY look like with Canadian geese. The goose droppings are so bad you can not walk. They are a danger to planes, it was a goose that made plane crash in Hudson river The state started culling them. Goose goes for $65 at local supermarket :hu With their bright colors I would think it like a neon sign for prediters

Latest posts