I am okay

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lousy about the car. But, I'm glad you were not in it. After the hurricane Sandy devastated the east coast, the news recently reported many are still homeless because they are still fighting with insurance companies.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's crazy, Kassaundra! So glad you are safe. The car can be replaced... :/

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I have Allstate and when I filed the claim the agent or the claims person I talked to never said anything about it not being covered.

Yes I was driving that is Main St in Henryetta. It was dark and the water was not moving so it just looked like wet road until it was to late. The police had put up cones but they were flooded too and lying down under the water, I didn't see them until I was wadeing out, I picked them up and put them in place about 20 feet down the street again since I was already in the water. There were other cars in parking areas and driveways that were flooded where they were parked, and the fire and police were boat evacuating about 40 houses worth of people that were flooded in thier sleep, that is probably why they had not moved the cones and they were flooded.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
catjac1975 said:
Lousy about the car. But, I'm glad you were not in it. After the hurricane Sandy devastated the east coast, the news recently reported many are still homeless because they are still fighting with insurance companies.
I am greatful that only my car was involved, that our house is fine.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It was early morning and dark, the water was not moving so it just looked like wet road, and it wasn't that high when I did it, it was just barely to the headlights, but kept getting higher over the next couple of hours before it finally receded.

What was suprising to me is after my car was stuck it was obvious it was water and not road and people were still driving through, mostly people in pickups w/ big tires.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thank goodness YOU are ok. It is just a hunk of metal, you are the one we would be completely lost without!!!!! :happy_flower

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow, glad to hear you are okay!!! Seems like there will be a fair amount of cleanup for your town and surrounding areas :/