I am pretty sure I was born under this "sign"....

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I listen to other women talk about their house work & how they cleaned this and cleaned that. i'm thinking 'gosh, I need to go clean something'. somehow it never happens. instead, i'm out the door & headed to the chickens, the goats, or the garden.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Dont worry about it bj.... we have our priorities.... mine is chickens, dog, kid, and garden or should it be garden then kid...she is 13 after all :D ;)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's how I operate too, dewdrops. :lol: I save my deep cleaning for those occasions and amazing how much I can git 'er done when I'm under the gun!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I'm the odd one here! My house is always clean and my garden is always neat! Sorry..:hide

But Thistle, I do have more time than some of you. I'm off on Fridays and that's when I clean and do grocery shopping. Weekends are for fun with my husband.

Mary

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
Well, I'm the odd one here! My house is always clean and my garden is always neat! Sorry..:hide

But Thistle, I do have more time than some of you. I'm off on Fridays and that's when I clean and do grocery shopping. Weekends are for fun with my husband.

Mary
I'm working on getting my house clean today. Doesnt mean it will all get done, but most of it will :D Been putting off going threw my daughters clothes she out grew.... still dont want to do it, maybe that will be her job for today. I'm glad I dont have much cleaning to do :D

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
journey11 said:
baymule said:
My house is clean enough to be healthy (well, sort of) and dirty enough to be happy! If that is really true, then we must be the most ecstatic, delirious, joyful people (and dogs) on earth!!
That is definitely true when you have small children. If I obsess too much about how clean the house is, I tend to be too cranky to enjoy the kids (and some of their more creative messes). I'd much rather be out in the garden, with my children, "digging in the dirt" as we call it around here. :happy_flower
Actually, when my kids were small, I kept a better house. I also babysat other kids, since I was already at home with mine, what was a few more? When they took a nap, I swept and mopped. Every day. Vacuumed, dusted, scrubbed the bathroom, the works. The kids are grown and gone, I've worked for years, many hours a day, those things slid off the "important" chart somehow. Now I am at home caring for my 90 year old mother who wants everything "just so" and she can go in her room and do just that. :lol: I do keep a decent house, just not the OCD scrub the walls and pick out the corners with a toothpick. I would rather be outside or in the house taking care of the produce God has blessed us with.

Journey11, you enjoy your kids. Take them outside, play trucks and cars in the dirt. Set up the farm animal set and plop your butt in the dirt with them. You know why it is so important to do that? Because in 10 years, your children will not remember how the floors sparkled and shined, they won't remember the perfect toilet bowl or the bath towels folded exactly perfect. What they will remember is that Mom played with them. What they will remember is Mom hosing them down to get the worst of the mud globs off before sending them to the bathtub. The smallest things will have the biggest impact on them. Go build memories. :tongue on the perfect house!

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
baymule said:
journey11 said:
baymule said:
My house is clean enough to be healthy (well, sort of) and dirty enough to be happy! If that is really true, then we must be the most ecstatic, delirious, joyful people (and dogs) on earth!!
That is definitely true when you have small children. If I obsess too much about how clean the house is, I tend to be too cranky to enjoy the kids (and some of their more creative messes). I'd much rather be out in the garden, with my children, "digging in the dirt" as we call it around here. :happy_flower
Actually, when my kids were small, I kept a better house. I also babysat other kids, since I was already at home with mine, what was a few more? When they took a nap, I swept and mopped. Every day. Vacuumed, dusted, scrubbed the bathroom, the works. The kids are grown and gone, I've worked for years, many hours a day, those things slid off the "important" chart somehow. Now I am at home caring for my 90 year old mother who wants everything "just so" and she can go in her room and do just that. :lol: I do keep a decent house, just not the OCD scrub the walls and pick out the corners with a toothpick. I would rather be outside or in the house taking care of the produce God has blessed us with.

Journey11, you enjoy your kids. Take them outside, play trucks and cars in the dirt. Set up the farm animal set and plop your butt in the dirt with them. You know why it is so important to do that? Because in 10 years, your children will not remember how the floors sparkled and shined, they won't remember the perfect toilet bowl or the bath towels folded exactly perfect. What they will remember is that Mom played with them. What they will remember is Mom hosing them down to get the worst of the mud globs off before sending them to the bathtub. The smallest things will have the biggest impact on them. Go build memories. :tongue on the perfect house!
:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup I agree with that kids remember the small things :D

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Amen to that! Life is too short and nothing ever stays clean long anyway. :p

Latest posts