I am pretty sure I was born under this "sign"....

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just curious... did everyone else mentaly add the word 'sure' when they read the title of this thread? :D

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
dewdropsinwv said:
I'm not a "real" hoarder.... Just when it comes to yarn because I make so much stuff, I have all different kinds :D I'm terrified of becoming a hoarder!!!!
When my mom passed away, I inherited all her yarn. There were huge boxes, and bags full of all kinds of yarn, and granny squares galore! When ever she had a small amount of yarn left from a project she would use it to make granny squares. I literally didn't have to buy yarn for YEARS!! Her favorite place to go yarn shopping was the Biggest Yarn Mart I have ever seen in Downtown Los Angeles. I don't know if it is still there. But, it was HUGE. I still have a bit of that yard, and many many granny squares. I think hoarding is ok, as long as it is "organized" and labled and the house is clean.

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
canesisters said:
Just curious... did everyone else mentaly add the word 'sure' when they read the title of this thread? :D
How funny!! I just noticed I forgot the word "sure"... it was suppose to be there... I am going to go fix it now!! Thanks for pointing that out!!!

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
rebbetzin said:
dewdropsinwv said:
I'm not a "real" hoarder.... Just when it comes to yarn because I make so much stuff, I have all different kinds :D I'm terrified of becoming a hoarder!!!!
When my mom passed away, I inherited all her yarn. There were huge boxes, and bags full of all kinds of yarn, and granny squares galore! When ever she had a small amount of yarn left from a project she would use it to make granny squares. I literally didn't have to buy yarn for YEARS!! Her favorite place to go yarn shopping was the Biggest Yarn Mart I have ever seen in Downtown Los Angeles. I don't know if it is still there. But, it was HUGE. I still have a bit of that yard, and many many granny squares. I think hoarding is ok, as long as it is "organized" and labled and the house is clean.
I clean the house in the evenings when it isn't so hot. the yarn is in totes and out of the way for the most part. I just wish I had room for the regular stuff in the house... I don't know how I crammed 4girls, me and MontyJ into this house...lol My next house WILL have a craft room in it. :D

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've always just wanted a 2 car garage with a house attached. A basement too would have been nice. As it was, I lived in a 14x65' mobile for 10 yrs, with 3 kids. THAT...was painful.

Hobbies? Couldn't afford them anyways.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Moxies, my "kids" are grown....all but one. She just turned 13 about 2 weeks ago. It is painful to live in a trailor with kids. I scratch my head now and wonder how we managed. I used to be a "neat freak" everything had it's place and it BETTER be there... Now not so much. I have figured, my kids are grown they are still alive and the little messes in the house didnt matter to them.

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
moxies_chickienuggets said:
I've always just wanted a 2 car garage with a house attached. A basement too would have been nice. As it was, I lived in a 14x65' mobile for 10 yrs, with 3 kids. THAT...was painful.

Hobbies? Couldn't afford them anyways.
moxie, i can relate. the thing is, in those hard times were some of the best times.

Latest posts