I still have more seeds to send!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, it came, actually 2 copies of it came. Sorry about not replying to it sooner. When I first saw it happened to be when things started going on outside.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some of those Pepper seeds are up to 9 years old, but have been well stored. So, give them ideal germination conditions. Percentage germinating may be a bit low.

Journey, I made sure to send you those Wide Podded White Greasy bean seeds. They make very straight wide pods, semi greasy, and nice full half runner plants. That variety of bean is not listed in bill best's site, and is from east kentucky, the Sallee and Dunahoo families. Could be the reason it is not listed is that the sallees and dunahoos seem to just let their bean varieties all get mixed up.

If you have any problem sorting them out, let me know.

Especially, you should grow the Powder Stars and the Badda di Polizzi dark eye. Those 2 varieties, well Journey, you have been chosen by me to be, along with Russ, so far only the 3rd person to be growing...in the world! I'll try to get some of those also to Joseph Simcox.

I really appreciate the details and notes you made on those beans too. Can't wait to grow them out!

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Marshall, I got your seeds in the mail yesterday! Each variety has been moved to their own baby food jar/coin roll. (I tried waiting to take a look at them, as you can tell that didn't work out so well. ;)) All of that useful information you had written on the envelopes was copied and saved on my computer, I also have little scraps of paper that have been folded and placed in the bean jars.

I can't wait to see the fresh peas and to see if the Rio Zape beans really have that undertone-chocolate flavor! Thank you for increased my garden's biodiversity! When I grow them out I'll pass these down to some of my neighbor's. :D

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey @TheSeedObsesser , I have a little software program for cataloging your seeds that you might be interested in (I'm sure there are others out there, but this is a free one I've been using for a couple of years). It's called SeedsNTrades and it's free shareware. I wrote a review on it on my old blog with some screenshots of what it does and it is also downloadable from there too if you want to check it out. It's a very simple program, but I like it because you can put a pic of the plant/fruit along with each seed entry and its description. It has a place where you can list multiple versions of each seed for other strains, seasons or packets that you might acquire. The other feature is has gives you a place to store addresses and records of trades you are making and when that trade was completed. Puts everything in one place, instead of having to search your Inbox for addresses and such or worry about losing a piece of paper. It helps me keep a little more organized anyway; thought you might like it. :)

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have lost track of who I still was planning on sending seeds to.

I know I am putting a pack together for Hal today and probably tomorrow.

I mailed a very large jam packed pack full of seeds to Joseph Simcox yesterday.

And got the yummylicious cookies in the mail from Cane yesterday too. I think she should make a recipe book for cookies!

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I would like to know how to receive seeds. I am in southern Maine and have bought seeds from just about everybody with very little success.

My main success was in growing small patch's of oats, barley, and wheat.

I have only one good year out of five in gardening and am determined to make this year better.

bob/stano40

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Message me with your mailing address and I'll send you an assortment of seeds that I hope should be good for growing in Maine.

You say only one garden year out of five? Can you let me know what usually goes wrong? There are lots of regular folks in forum here with lots of help from personal experience, and some are from your neck of the woods and other northern areas. I used to garden in Montana.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey Marshall, why don't you go join the seed train? It is fun, you get to share seeds and we need some more "passengers" on the train! I love what you do here on TEG! You are always so helpful to everyone, you are brilliant in horticulture and such an asset to all of us! :hugs