Identify Plant - Volunteer

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, bad news....

I tried to transplant them and they didn't make it. I'm pretty sure they were a squash of some sort.

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Tomatoes&Things said:
A man that I know has a nice size compost pile and he had two peach trees come up in it last year. They are growing nicely now and he planted them in the yard. Do you think they will ever get peaches on them?
We have friends that have peaches and apricots from planting the seeds of fruit they got at a grocery. And they are putting out fruit!! It takes a few years, three or four for the little seedlings to begin to flower and produce fruit. I have a peach and two apricot trees that have not flowered yet, they are about 2 years old.

It is just you never know what the fruit will be like when you plant a seed.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yes, we have 6 volunteer O'Henry peaches (we think.) which now fruit, and an apricot which should fruit soon. The fruit they came from was out of a local market, which carries almost exclusively organic produce, and a lot of that locally grown.

We just don't have the heart not to grow them once they come up! :)

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am hoping that someone can help me to identify a plant please. There are a bunch of seedlings that have popped up in one of the planters where I have pansies growing. The leaves are kind of pretty so if they are flowers I might relocate them, and if they are weeds I will remove them. They are kind of taking over, so my guess is that they are weeds. Does anyone recognize what this is please?

Attachments

• IMG_20230217_111215647.jpg
    IMG_20230217_111215647.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 87

HoleySmokes

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I am hoping that someone can help me to identify a plant please. There are a bunch of seedlings that have popped up in one of the planters where I have pansies growing. The leaves are kind of pretty so if they are flowers I might relocate them, and if they are weeds I will remove them. They are kind of taking over, so my guess is that they are weeds. Does anyone recognize what this is please?

Garden pansy.

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If you use that cool plant identification tool HoleySmokes posted, it might be a good idea to crop the photo so that the pansey is omitted.

Latest posts