If You Need a Good Laugh

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I once had a 12-tome collection of Proper Behavior for Young Gentleman that was a hoot. Wish I had kept it. We are certainly living in a different world ... some for the worse, some for the better.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
My 9 grade teacher made every student buy a copy of Dress for Success. I still have my copy in the bookcase of my bedroom at parents house.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
That would depend upon what one calls success wouldn't it. There are successful, off-grid individuals who wouldn't want any part of the info in that book, yet consider themselves a success.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Maverick LOVES to wear suits. He started a "dress-up/dress-down day at school so he could wear one. He was the only eighth grader to wear a 3-piece suit to the faux job interviews at school this year.

Of course, my grandsons all look fabulous in suits. Oh, yes, the suit came via GoodWill's $.30 day. $.30 for the jacket, $.30 for the trousers, and $.30 for the vest. The tie was another 30 cents. That was my lucky day, since we were suit shopping and didn't know about the special until we got to the register. A GoodWill $40 suit for 90 cents. Score!

ephemeralcas

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Ahahaha! This is gold. Don't you ever put the silly ones next to the clever ones.. Hilarious.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Reminds me of the Einstein/Marilyn Monroe story*. It would seem Einstein wasn't too impressed with the discussion:

Albert Einstein and Marilyn Monroe were seated together at a table."Hey Albert," said Marilyn. "Imagine if we had a baby and it had my looks and your brains -- it could do anything it wanted.""Yes, my dear," replied Einstein. "But what if it had my looks and your brains?"

*Several sites state this is falsely attributed to Einstein and Monroe, but it made for good gossip in the day.

Latest posts