If You Need a Good Laugh

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Personally, I follow Emily's guidance on all my TEG postings:

The fact that slang is apt and forceful makes its use irresistibly tempting. Coarse or profane slang is beside the mark, but "flivver," "taxi," the "movies," "deadly" (meaning dull), "feeling fit," "feeling blue," "grafter," a "fake," "grouch," "hunch" and "right o!" are typical of words that it would make our spoken language stilted to exclude. ~ Emily & Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
So, when is the last time you used Flivver or Right O! in your postings (other than the one directly above)?

Granted, some of us are behind the times (and proud of it) but in this case, Emily is way back around the corner.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL @ #3. Love silly people, they are very entertaining! And on #6, nowadays you would probably be considered rude not to ask before hand what food allergies/restrictions your guests may have, much less fix someone a plate. Random women sitting around looking hungry...not at my parties. Hehe... For #8, I don't know about tea pourers, but I always tell my favorite people to come an hour or so earlier before the other guests arrive so we can get our visiting in first, before my introverted self is burned out by the rest. A little wrong? Not if they don't know!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
fake.JPG