If you want something done right...

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
How funny that you guys mention them! I was just reminescing last night about the blankets, hoods, and even armor I made for my breyer models as a child. I was just thinking of getting one so I could make those too!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I knit a bit too--we may have to start a Washington Easy Gardeners Knitting Club. I'll bring the wine.

When I was young my Scandinavian aunties patiently taught me to knit when I visited them. On any given trip to my ancestors' homeland I would knit one sock or one mitten, and my auntie would knit the second one so that I would end up with a pair of them to bring home. They were so patient, ripping up stitches when I messed up and always encouraging me. In Europe socks are knit using 5 needles instead of 4, which IMHO is kind of the perfect way to do it: 4 needles to support the garment and then the 5th goes around, doing the knitting. I still have a basket of wool and half-finished projects, and while I don't knit that often I think it will always be with me, kind of like riding a bike.