I'm an Okie!

countyroad1330

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hello! I've been a member of the BYC forum for quite a while. I just sold out my chickens this past weekend and became a bunny owner. :bun

We recently moved into town (hence the chicken sell) and got to completely redo our flowerbeds yesterday. I will hopefully have some pictures up soon.

So are there any other Okies out there!? :coolsun

PennyinOk

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi there! I am from se Oklahoma. A member of byc also, and a chihuahua dog lover, I enjoy flowers and gardening...how are your flower beds looking??

whirlwind

Sprout
Reaction score
Hi another okie here. I just found this site looks like a good one. Are you all wet. It can start to dry up anytime here. We are to wet. I hope the garden doesn't drown like it did last year. All my veggies look so good if the rain will slow down just a tad. Just picked my first batch of green beans and boy were they good with some fresh new potato's. Hope to here from you all again soon. later Cindy

PennyinOk

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I am ready for it to dry out a little also, love the rain but could use a little dry spell in between. We are picking lots of squash and cukes, peppers and a few pieces of okra. Tomatoes are still all green. Those beans sound delicious...

whirlwind

Sprout
Reaction score
I am getting lots of squash also, No cukes yet but they are blooming like crazy. No peppers yet and one cherry tomato turning orange. No okra yet either but it is starting to bloom. Your garden must be ahead of mine. I did plant a little later than I usually do. Got tired every year of having to keep covering for frost warnings. I am near okc are you south of me? Gotta go dig up a few more taters and pick squash and green beans. Leaving tomorrow to go to a tractor show in Pittsburg Ks and Adrian Mo. My DH's passion is stationary engines and model engines. And I love to travel so I love to go. Also great to check out other farmers markets. Never know what you are going to find.

PennyinOk

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I am way down south of you Pushmataha county. Have fun at the tractor show and let me know if you find anything interesting at the farmers market.

okiemommy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I belong to the BYC forum too, some of you I recognize the name from there. I live near okc also, actually still considered okc, but in the country. So I have no idea what zone we are, and am completely new to gardening. Is all of OK zone 7?

PennyinOk

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hello and welcome Okiemommy. You came to the right place if you are new to gardening, it is like BYC there is always some nice person who is willing to help you if you have any questions or problems. Are you the one who recently rescues a kitty? If not just disregaurd that lol...I have to do yard work today so I better get started, to bad I have to go buy gas first last time I bought yard gas it cost me 26.00 for a five gallon can...ugh

Penny

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi, CountyRoad! I'm glad that you made your way over! What type of bunnies do you have? :)

Penny, I'm a born and raised Californian, but have relatives in Pushmataha Co.! :)

PennyinOk

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I was born and raised until 20 anyway in Ventura, Ca. small world isn't it!

Latest posts