I'm an Okie!

sred98

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hey y'all! Another Okie here! :thumbsup I'm in the Tulsa/Bixby area. Is there anyone close by that wants to trade plants this spring? I have a lot, and am getting ready to move, so I will be looking for even more!

I enjoy herbs, heirloom veggies and bulbs, and anything fragrant!

Looking forward to getting to know y'all! I recognize some of you from BYC.

I'd love to do an Oklahoma swap...anyone interested?

Shelly

homesteadmom

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Okie by birth, lived there for 9yrs till dad got transferred to AZ. Still have family back in Ok, Broken Arrow, OKC, Ponca City & Blackwell(where I was born).

sred98

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Would any Okies or close neighbors be interested in doing a spring plant swap? It's getting close to time to start working out our beds, and moving things around. I am in the Tulsa/Bixby area, and would not mind hosting if there is enough interest.

What do y'all say?? If I get several replies, then we can start a meet-up thread and discuss details. Let me know!

Shelly

sred98

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Where are all the Okies??? :pop No one's posted in D-A-Y-S!!! I know, you're all getting your seeds ready! :watering

Shelly

okiemommy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're not a thread killer :p

Hi Red!!! :frow

I would be interested in the swap, but I don't have any plants or seeds to swap..I have store bought ones, but no heirlooms. yet. :D
Haven't been on here much, posted a couple times a while back about roses and such, but didn't really feel the itch to be on here till it started feeling like spring. :D

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Tutter said:
Hi, CountyRoad! I'm glad that you made your way over! What type of bunnies do you have? :)

Penny, I'm a born and raised Californian, but have relatives in Pushmataha Co.! :)
My Gma lived in Push county for years, now my father and stepmom do.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
okiemommy said:
I have a confession to make:

drumroll please.....

I am an okie, have been all my life, and I HATE okra!

I know, I know. Get the stake and kindling ready now. My mom cooked it growing up, and I always hated it. I haven't tried it in years. who knows maybe I would like it now. That's what happened with apple pie..... :th :th :th :th

ETA : I don't really know what that feels like yet, b/c this year is my first attempt to grow anything edible.
I am a yankee by birth, but an Okie by choice. Have lived in OK all of my adult life and half of my childhood and ...............I HATE OKRA also, am married to a born and bred okie who hates okra too. I think we may be the silent majority!!!!! lol

okiemommy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
wow, I haven't been on here in over a year o_O

YAY!!! I'm not the only one who hates okra!!! :weee :p

Latest posts