I'm an Okie!

okiemommy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
PennyinOK yep I'm the kitty rescuer! Hi! She is doing well despite the incessant torture of my children lol

Does anyone know how I can find out what zone I'm in?

PennyinOk

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Glad to hear the kitty is fine...There was a post on here somewhere with a link to find out what zone you are in
http://www.garden.org/zipzone/

Maybe that will help you, I know all of Oklahoma is not the same zone. I can't get my smilies to work how do I fix that?

okiemommy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks!! hm I don't know..I sure wish I could help! see if the "never show smilies as icons for this post" box is checked when you go to post a reply. It is located under the box that you type in, and above the submit. That's the only think I can think of. I'm not all that good at computers

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
PennyinOk said:
I can't get my smilies to work how do I fix that?
Yes, I think the boxed is becoming checked, also.

Before you post, double check it. If you preview your message, look at it before 'sending', also.

I never check mark it, but sometimes it happens anyway, and I think it's from me clicking on the page elsewhere.

Good luck, I hope this works for you! :)

PennyinOk

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
:D Thanks for the help everyone. I don't know how I missed that box. :rolleyes:

okiemommy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
No problem mystery solved yay!

Hey tutter, are those all oranges in your avatar, or are their some grapefruit and things like that in there also? They look yummy!

I am so excited you guys, we have wild blackberries growing on our property. We picked some that were ready to be picked yesterday. A whole bunch are going to be ready to be picked soon. Not sure how soon, b/c I am soo new to growing, planting harvesting, canning etc etc. I don't know where to start really. But I guess blackberries that are already there is a pretty good place I suppose ^_^

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
They are all different citrus fruits, Okiemommy.

I had a lot this past winter, so was juicing them to freeze some juice, when I noticed how many types I had, and took a picture. :)

There's:

An orange,
A regular lemon,
A Meyer's lemon,
A blood orange,
A lime,
A grapefruit,
A honey tangerine,
And the last 2 I'm having a hard time remembering, but one might have been a mineola, the other crossed with a tangelo.

It was a good year for them, and they did taste wonderful! :)

okiemommy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
very cool! They look so yummy! I thought they might have been some kind of heritage or heirloom varieties. (though last night I was unable to find heirloom fruit so maybe that doesnt exist lol) anyway great haul!

countyroad1330

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I wanted a lime tree to keep in the house, but everyone tells me it would be a lost cause around here. *ha* I live south of OKC, in the Rain Dead Zone. The weather maps can show a storm coming our way, show it right on top of us, but our town never gets a thing!

We have flower beds on each side of our front sidewalk. We planted periwinkles in both. But for some reason, one side looks wonderful, on the other they are all dead! My husband thinks it is because all the stray cats get in that flower bed. Who knows!

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
okiemommy said:
very cool! They look so yummy! I thought they might have been some kind of heritage or heirloom varieties. (though last night I was unable to find heirloom fruit so maybe that doesnt exist lol) anyway great haul!
Well, some of them are off of pretty old trees, if that counts! :)

There are heirloom apples; we have 13 trees which are. They were about 100 years old 20 years ago. You'll not find their varieties in the stores, and they are wonderful! There are people who do nothing but save heritage varieties of apples by grafting. :)

Latest posts