In my day~

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
There was only one movie theater in town and it was downtown. Kids could go on Saturdays and watch movies and cartoons.

Sodas came in glass bottles and I could pick up enough of them on the way to the little store to pay for a soda, sometimes a candy bar. Bottles were worth 3 cents.

There were only 3 TV stations, NBC, CBS and ABC. That was all and they went off at midnight and played the national anthem. Then there was nothing but a test pattern with a high pitched noise. TV signed back on at 6 AM with the Pledge of Allegiance.

We started every day at school with a prayer.

Toothpaste came in lead tubes. I am brain damaged......

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
No cafeteria??

I'm remembering when Mom had those coffee substitutes from the health food store. One was made from figs! The flavor of the dry ones I just had just kinda disappeared in the coffee flavors :).

Postum was common in our house and Mom let me drink that.

And, I didn't like it! (It's still available, online.)

There was a conversation once between Mom and Dad about them deciding to send us to school with sandwiches. It may have been my fault because I didn't like the cafeteria food. The problem was that bread wasn't common in our house. We ate potatoes.

DW likes all things "bread." And, I might be okay with cafeteria food as an adult ... I disliked it as a kid.

Steve

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
7b9b0fe21d02a1a375da8ec1399274bd--paper-bag-books-paper-bag-book-cover.jpg

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

That takes me back more than a few years :) but hey, I still do it on some of my older books to help protect them. This is a signed copy, well used but still worth a few pennies now.
DSCN7072.JPG

This was a bible to fuchsia growers back then and still is. I also have the updated 1991 version too.

Annette

Latest posts